Men: What went wrong?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
well yes the evidence the 50's weren't that wonderful was that it gave birth to the 60s:p

and title 9 is bullsh*t!

ohtwell

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Hahahahaha!! OMG! That is fvcking hillarious!! :D:D

I can't quit laughing at some of that!

: ) Amanda

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: ArchCenturion
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
Originally posted by: spidey07
What went wrong?

The destruction of the family and society as a whole can be directly linked to a two income family. You don't need both people to work.

Thank goodness my SO agrees with a lot of what is on that document. Women are good at certain things and men are good at certain things and should use those talents. To expect that they are equal in all aspects is just foolish. If we get married It's already decided that she is gonna stay home with the kids so they get the nuture and care they need.

Absolutely agree with this. Children need their mothers raising them (as well as father's, but more in regards to discipline), not a daycare center.

:shocked: AGREED :thumbsup:

QFT

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
What went wrong?

The destruction of the family and society as a whole can be directly linked to a two income family. You don't need both people to work.

Thank goodness my SO agrees with a lot of what is on that document. Women are good at certain things and men are good at certain things and should use those talents. To expect that they are equal in all aspects is just foolish. If we get married It's already decided that she is gonna stay home with the kids so they get the nuture and care they need.

You know what's funny, at work, I get asked to lift boxes by the women when we have to ship files out. Why are they asking me to do the heavy lifting if they are equal? That's not in my job description. If they want to be equal, they should expect to be treated equal and do equal work.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
This cracks me up, I posted the exact same thing on another forum and I was banned.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Suspended 1 week (8/07/06) Reasons: Offensive post content.

Date the ban will be lifted: 08-15-06, 05:00 AM

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
What went wrong?

Absolutely agree with this. Children need their mothers raising them (as well as father's, but more in regards to discipline), not a daycare center.

QFT

You all say that, but most people secretly (or not so secretly) look down on women who stay home to raise children. How many times have you read on this board (in this thread too) people refer to them as lazy or golddiggers? Most people want everyone to know that their kids won't be raised by daycare when they have kids, but then have terrible opinions of the women who DO raise them at home.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
To the OP: I don't think you have anything to worry about concerning women. You'll never get close enough to one for her to take advantage of you.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
What went wrong?

QFT

You all say that, but most people secretly (or not so secretly) look down on women who stay home to raise children. How many times have you read on this board (in this thread too) people refer to them as lazy or golddiggers? Most people want everyone to know that their kids won't be raised by daycare when they have kids, but then have terrible opinions of the women who DO raise them at home.

I used to look down on those women, just only 2 months ago, if you told me I would marry a women that stays home and not work, I would have told you to go to hell.
I thought they had no ambition, no goal, no dreams, no life.

Now I realize how hard it is to find a woman that puts family first, not career, not the big house, not the SUV.

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
Originally posted by: bennylong
What went wrong?

QFT

I used to look down on those women, just only 2 months ago, if you told me I would marry a women that stays home and not work, I would have told you to go to hell.
I thought they had no ambition, no goal, no dreams, no life.

Now I realize how hard it is to find a woman that puts family first, not career, not the big house, not the SUV.

A career's not necessarily about the money. I want to have a career and a family, and family will come first, but I don't want to have to stay home to take care of my family and give up on my career, just because I'm a woman. Nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom, but I don't think that women who choose to have careers don't care about their families.

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
Yes, women have gotten worse (money-spenders and self-entitlement), but in all fairness, so have men (couch-potato football-watching drunkard). Neither of us are taking on our responsibility as good as we used to. We'll just have to live with that. Or we can try and change it. The media could really work wonders here, like they are with all this dieting. No, really.

I still think there are lots of good women in America. If they really are attracted to you, they'll be scared to pull stuff on you. Likewise if a man really liked a woman, there would be none of this wifebeating stuff or couch potato stuff. I think they are accepting a proposal to a man they don't really respect a whole lot, but are too afraid to say otherwise. Either that, or the dynamics start shifting after marriage. Either way, it ain't good.

Here's my theory: lots of girls have seized control of the "ultra-wussy" men (of which there are plenty), and then all of a sudden think they can do it to other men. Then those men become jerks. Then the jerks bully the ultra-wussy men. It's not a good cycle. On the other hand, the bullies are actually doing them a favor trying to make them become men. You know what? I can't blame them. They are the cause for all of this (the ultra-wussy men). Call me crazy, but please come up with your own theory beforehand.

This is just blindingly obvious IMO. In one of my HS classes there were tons of actual men and not these wussy types. And at the same time, all of the women in that same class were very well-behaved. Everybody got along great, and we all loved/joked around with each other. Nobody set each other off. Nobody was disrespectful (like what is so common among boys to one another). What a coincidence? I think not.

I don't believe that site constitutes the majority of women. Sure I've seen my share of "ugh" at school (women undoubtedly destined to become what that site is talking about), but I also see lots of potential in others. It's ridiculous to say there are no good wives in America. Do you believe everything you read on the Internet?

Extelleron

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2005
What went wrong?

You know what's funny, at work, I get asked to lift boxes by the women when we have to ship files out. Why are they asking me to do the heavy lifting if they are equal? That's not in my job description. If they want to be equal, they should expect to be treated equal and do equal work.

That's the part of the female cause for more rights and independence that doesn't make sense. Women shouldn't be subjected to anything like what the OP posted, but still, how it is now, women want the best of everything. They want every right and privelage that a man has, they want to be able to run the household, make the same amount of money, etc........... yet they still say they shouldn't have to lift the heavy box because "they're a woman." Yeah.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Extelleron
What went wrong?

That's the part of the female cause for more rights and independence that doesn't make sense. Women shouldn't be subjected to anything like what the OP posted, but still, how it is now, women want the best of everything. They want every right and privelage that a man has, they want to be able to run the household, make the same amount of money, etc........... yet they still say they shouldn't have to lift the heavy box because "they're a woman." Yeah.

And most of these females are bigger and weight more than I do! I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs, I don't know why they keep asking me to life these heavy boxes when they weight much more than I do. Just because I'm a male, doesn't mean I am strong and should do all the heavy lifting

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
This cracks me up, I posted the exact same thing on another forum and I was banned.

You have been banned for the following reason:
Suspended 1 week (8/07/06) Reasons: Offensive post content.

Date the ban will be lifted: 08-15-06, 05:00 AM
yeh, we're all cracking up here and looking forward to you being banned here too.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004

If that's true it's stupid. I certainly never look down on stay-at-home moms. Lazy? Gold diggers? How does that work? Maybe the type of woman who stays at home, and STILL puts the kids in day care every day while they're out shopping...

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Topic Title: Men: What went wrong?
Topic Summary: How did we become a second rate citzen to be used and abused by female?

It's mainly the fault of rich guys with little dicks.
Since when did you become rich?

LOL