Men, what scent turns you on?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Light fruity, baby-powdery smells are good. I don't know how to describe them. Alcohol based purfumes are bad. I shouldn't be able to clean cable contacts in your purfume.

I have a strong sense of smell and those nasty heavy purfumes make me sick. Bleh.

Just my $.02.

TheGameIs21

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
Coconut!!!!

I think it has to do with my perverted childhood on the beach smelling the tanning lotions and seeing lots of flesh.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: theNEOone
just smelled BCBG metro last weekend......holy christ, amazing perfume for a chick.

=|

My favorite too, and I don't usually wear perfume. I just spray it down my cleavage when I wear something low-cut when we go out. Seems to work for my husband. Or maybe it's just the low cut shirt?

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Originally posted by: theNEOone
just smelled BCBG metro last weekend......holy christ, amazing perfume for a chick.

=|

My favorite too, and I don't usually wear perfume. I just spray it down my cleavage when I wear something low-cut when we go out. Seems to work for my husband. Or maybe it's just the low cut shirt?

one word: HOT

=|

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
I don't know for sure. There are definitely times when I'm talking to a girl or whatever for the first time and I am immediately turned on to the scent. I never actually ask what the perfume is...but I do notice it.

With my girlfriends, it hasn't always been that way. Sometimes I like something they are wearing very much...othertimes not so much. After tiem though...the longer I know them, the more I start to enjoy the different products they use (from shampoo/conditioner to perfume). It's kind of how you start to like things because of the person who is wearing them.

MBony

Platinum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Wow, this is sad that of all the posts only like 4 posts pertaining to scents. Personally I prefer the scent "Happy" by Clinique. I can smell that stuff a mile off and it turns me carnal. ;)

I hear people talk about how most of the people on here are horny teens or whatever, but I just dismissed it as an opinion. But when this many people can't tell you what scent turns them on it gets you wondering....

Flame away, but the thread speaks for itself :)

Jeff7181

Lifer
Aug 21, 2002
I've yet to smell a perfume or lotion that I liked. A girl shouldn't smell like flowers, or grapes, or apples, or any other crap like that. Perfume/lotion is ok as long as it's not too much... I shouldn't be able to smell you from 5 feet away. That's why I never go to malls... girls/women there seem to go overboard with perfume, whether they're going nuts with the testers in stores, or just bathing in it prior to going out hoping to attract a guy. My eyes water when a group of 3 or 4 heavily perfumed girls walk by, it's almost nauseating.