Memory with LEDs, this disco pc madness has to stop.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
a decade from now, this will be the equivalant to beaverboard on the side of automobiles.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I hope you aren't dissin' Woodies! People bitch and moan at the fake wood on dashboards today, but here were real cars with real wood all over them!

Dicking around with lights and crap on PCs, is about as lame as a toaster cozy. It's a damn appliance, for crying out loud! :disgust:

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Ornery
I hope you aren't dissin' Woodies! People bitch and moan at the fake wood on dashboards today, but here were real cars with real wood all over them!

Dicking around with lights and crap on PCs, is about as lame as a toaster cozy. It's a damn appliance, for crying out loud! :disgust:

no i was think more along the lines of a 1980s pontiac parisienne :p

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002
I've always wondered why people put lights on their PCs, it's like putting clothes on a garbage can.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
I mod my cases and such, but only because I miss doing the actually USEFUL hardware mods to my old Commodore gear. :(

Memory upgrades, detachable KB for a 64, internally mounted ram expansions, modems, surge strips, etc. :(

There's not much possible on modern PCs so we turn to putting lights in wierd places and generally going for a Disco Stu look. ;)

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I have LED bars on the front of my case that change colors and a sound sensitive cathode ray tube inside that lights up to beats. The reason I made it is I use it for an MP3 jukebox for our rec room and what I did to it makes it look like a 50's style jukebox. It's pretty cool...get lots of compliments on it. People do this sort of thing as a hobby,like customizing a car.

I've always wondered why people put lights on their PCs, it's like putting clothes on a garbage can.

Man...you need a new computer :p