Memo to networks

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
We don't give a krapola about JonBenet Ramsey this or that anymore. (and never really did!!!)

Gas is $3.00+ a gal, Bush is bugging your phones, Americans are being killed in Iraq. Who gives a squat about JonBenet Ramsey, except Larry King?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Rita Cosby and Greta Van Susteren just got some reprieves on their pathetic careers.

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Dear randym431,

While we always appreciate suggestions from our viewers, we are afraid that we will be unable to abide by your requests at this time. Please continue to watch our station and have a nice day.

Sincerely yours,

Karl Rove
Rupert Murdoch

co-executive directors of programming

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: randym431
We don't give a krapola about JonBenet Ramsey this or that anymore. (and never really did!!!)

Gas is $3.00+ a gal, Bush is bugging your phones, Americans are being killed in Iraq. Who gives a squat about JonBenet Ramsey, except Larry King?
Stop watching Fox. ;)

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur
Rita Cosby and Greta Van Susteren just got some reprieves on their pathetic careers.
No kidding - they can both swtich from staking out Aruba to staking out Colorado.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It's all the cable news channels, not just Fox.

I was watching a newsmagazine on ABC the night this guy got arrested. They cited a calculation that estimated all the time the human race has spent either creating, reading or watching stories about this murder to amount to a cumulative 1.8 BILLION human hours.

Jon Stewart summed it up best on the Daily Show-he said that to the cable news channels the Benet case was . . . oxygen.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It's all the cable news channels, not just Fox.

No one is saying this is a Fox exclusive, and that the story is absent from all other networks. It's just that no other network pumps irrelevent semi-tabloid crap like that with such regularity as Fox does, particulary when the real stories out there don't bode well for the GOP.
CNN, MSNBC etc all want to get ratings like Fox, so they have adopted a similar strategy of focusing on entertainment based stories and wedge issues. There is no outfoxing Fox however. Our VP shooting a guy with a 12gauge is great example, suddenly the extradition of a killer no one remembered was the hotest thing in news and got live coverage every 10min, replete with continual analysis and background factoids. When the shooting incident was mentioned, it was always in conjunction with what a non-story the whole incident was. Show me a person who believes Fox is no different than the rest, and I'll show you a blind person.

If you want to do a minimal amount of 'sifting' with your sources, NPR is probably your best bet although by no means perfect. Short of that, you just have to develop a resistance to MSM's penchant for running diversionary filler.

Wow... This exact same thread was posted day before yesterday and someone in there tried to pretend like Fox news was the only network following JonBenet too.

Then wow, you're making quite an assumption. Would have been nice to clarify what I meant, but of course that's kinda hard when the thread gets locked.
I'm not surprised though, I recall you summing up Fox's clear bias as something only found in a few of it's editorials before. Nice. :thumbsdown:

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
You know what really sucks now, right? Instead of them just bringing her up every month or so, we are going to have to hear everyday what this guy eats and says, etc. Then when the trail gets here, they are going to cut into real news to show us the court room live, just like they do with saddam.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Here's a couple of suggestions:

1) Go outside
2) Read a book . . . hell read a couple
3) kiss the spouse, hug the kids, kick the cat . . .
4) a few weeks of 1-3 and you will realize your TV works best when its off . . .

fallensight

Apr 12, 2006
Its not just the cable news. the netowrks, and even the local are focusing on it. I want to be able to get my weather and sports without hearing about some brat that was killed a decade ago.