Mel Gibson rants and lack of "media" coverage

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
did your 'jump to conclusions mat' give you that pearl of wisdom?

More like, "Hey guys I think I know everything and only my opinion matters, so if you disagree your a evil bad meeny" /end9yearoldmentality.

And btw, there is already evidence those recordings were edited. Ie-taken out of context, not credible, ie- your a huge fucking retard to believe everything you hear on the internet or from the media [/points at Sclamoz]. Which is what I was getting at in my posts anyway. She was WAY to calm for them to be perfectly legit, those conversations were obviously edited and taken out of context. That does not equal defending Mel Gibson, it just equals not believing everything you hear/having downsyndrome like Sclamoz does. Afterall, everyone has access to audio programs these days, even freeware apps can splice audio up to make it sound anyway you want it to. So if she called him every name in the book, broke his tv etc to piss him off, no one knows. We only have a edited audio recording to go on [which appears invalid, which makes his rant invalid].

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/14/mel-g...spousal-abuse-investigation-tapes-admissible/

That does not mean I excuse his rants, his rant is vile. But what she said to him may have been equally vile...Which is why she is just as bad as he is, and both are not worth defending.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The OP made me guffaw when I read it - I haven't been catching too much Faux lately (it's like alcohol, good to lay off it for periods of time), but this incident on it's face seems to be exactly what Faux loves to flood the waves with: irrelevant filler that keeps the audience distracted from negative stories about conservative politicians and positive stories concerning liberals.

Expecting Faux to ignore this story is like expecting flies not to land on a fresh turd.

Sclamoz

Sep 9, 2009
More like, "Hey guys I think I know everything and only my opinion matters, so if you disagree your a evil bad meeny" /end9yearoldmentality.

And btw, there is already evidence those recordings were edited. Ie-taken out of context, not credible, ie- your a huge fucking retard to believe everything you hear on the internet or from the media [/points at Sclamoz]. Which is what I was getting at in my posts anyway. She was WAY to calm for them to be perfectly legit, those conversations were obviously edited and taken out of context. That does not equal defending Mel Gibson, it just equals not believing everything you hear/having downsyndrome like Sclamoz does. Afterall, everyone has access to audio programs these days, even freeware apps can splice audio up to make it sound anyway you want it to. So if she called him every name in the book, broke his tv etc to piss him off, no one knows. We only have a edited audio recording to go on [which appears invalid, which makes his rant invalid].

Other than the censored clips they played on the news I haven't listened. I wouldn't be the least be surprised if she goaded him or edited the conversations. Guess what? He still chose to say it all.

You keep claiming that she goaded Gibson on (poor guy is the real victim here!) despite having no evidence for it. Even if she did Gibson still choose to say what he did, choose to threaten her.

You keep pointing to her being calm as an incriminating some how. Guess what genius, she knew she was recording why wouldn't she be calm? Maybe this is a regular routine for her and Gibson and she decided to record it to get the hell out of a marriage with a crazy bastard?

We only have a edited audio recording to go on [which appears invalid, which makes his rant invalid].
That does not mean I excuse his rants, his rant is vile. But what she said to him may have been equally vile...

Seek help.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
At least HomerJS has enough self respect to not come back and defend his owned thread of the year candidate. Reading Daves thread, Dave lacks that internal mechanism :D

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The OP made me guffaw when I read it - I haven't been catching too much Faux lately (it's like alcohol, good to lay off it for periods of time), but this incident on it's face seems to be exactly what Faux loves to flood the waves with: irrelevant filler that keeps the audience distracted from negative stories about conservative politicians and positive stories concerning liberals.

Expecting Faux to ignore this story is like expecting flies not to land on a fresh turd.

Damn, you beat me to it. The Op obviously never watches Faux Noise because this is Faux News red meat. The OP really is out in "left" field, and this is from a lefty!.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
At least HomerJS has enough self respect to not come back and defend his owned thread of the year candidate. Reading Daves thread, Dave lacks that internal mechanism :D

Yeah, Homer aint coming back to this disaster. lol

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Protip: Don't criticize a Media Outlets lack of coverage of a Story unless you watch that outlet 24/7. So many people here and even Fox News(probably others too) has been pwnt by doing this so many times that you can see the Self Pwnage coming a mile/km away.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Protip: Don't criticize a Media Outlets lack of coverage of a Story unless you watch that outlet 24/7. So many people here and even Fox News(probably others too) has been pwnt by doing this so many times that you can see the Self Pwnage coming a mile/km away.

HomerJS didn't even bother to spend 5 seconds going to foxnews.com before creating the thread.

At least he didn't claim that a store clerk made him sign a form before posting :)

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Well well well, it turns out the tapes were professionally made, spliced and edited.

How the fuck she didnt realize they'd be analyzed I don't know. Its likely her voice was re-recoreded after the fact as there is a track for his voice and a seperate track for her voice. Alot of gaps and after effects. This all means no criminal charges as there is no way the courts can admit this as evidence.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was an extortion attempt. If I was Mel Gibson, I'd take my fourtune, buy an island and retire to a life of seclusion.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Well well well, it turns out the tapes were professionally made, spliced and edited.

How the fuck she didnt realize they'd be analyzed I don't know. Its likely her voice was re-recoreded after the fact as there is a track for his voice and a seperate track for her voice. Alot of gaps and after effects. This all means no criminal charges as there is no way the courts can admit this as evidence.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was an extortion attempt. If I was Mel Gibson, I'd take my fourtune, buy an island and retire to a life of seclusion.
A link

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/07/14/mel-gibson-audio-tapes-edited-tampered-with-oksana/

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

Like I said in my other post, I am giving him a pass a here. I been in that situation and I know how things get said and the way things are done. I am not shocked that these are edited tapes. And I am willing to bet that n!gger stuff was either put in or some how they tricked him into replying back with an answer with that, then edited out the real dialogue. Now he needs help, he clearly has anger issues, but I agree with Jamie Foxx I want to see him get by this because he has good legacy and been a good actor.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I don't care how much editing there is, he still said these horrible things.

That's because you're a huge douchebag.

Why because I see a different side to this story?

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg