MegaMillions: $970M

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
If you guys do a pool I'm in! I'm in Canada though so don't know if that has any complications, I guess we'd cross that bridge if we actually won.

ViviTheMage

Lifer
Dec 12, 2002
madgenius.com
If you guys do a pool I'm in! I'm in Canada though so don't know if that has any complications, I guess we'd cross that bridge if we actually won.

IF we ever won, I don't see why I couldn't just gift it to you separately, if they block non US citizens from "winning". IF we won, some of the funds would go to a lawyer to make sure everyone got their share of the winnings. Good news is in VA, I can claim the prize anonymously now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Looks like I can even do it online now!
noone won last nite.
megamillions now at $850M. it's bound to go near $1B as we approach the tues 1/19 drawing.

revive your atot lotto website?

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'm so glad there are scholarships so rich kids can go to college and their parents don't have to work anymore.

LOL.
In high school I had dreams of being a six-figure engineer before I was 30.
Thought I could help my parents buy a small house in the country and retire early.
That dream didn't come to fruition.
I should have studied finance and investing.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Not even sure, where would I look?

Just the Jackpot
In some states, a special offer called Just the Jackpot is available. Jackpot players will love this exciting new wager type that allows them to play specifically for the jackpot only. At a price of $3, the player will receive two plays for the jackpot only. Just the Jackpot tickets are not eligible for any other prize levels. To see if the lottery in your jurisdiction offers this option, visit that lottery’s website

only some states have it

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Just the Jackpot
In some states, a special offer called Just the Jackpot is available. Jackpot players will love this exciting new wager type that allows them to play specifically for the jackpot only. At a price of $3, the player will receive two plays for the jackpot only. Just the Jackpot tickets are not eligible for any other prize levels. To see if the lottery in your jurisdiction offers this option, visit that lottery’s website

only some states have it

no screw that. it's a terrible gamble. a lot of lottery games save themselves the "not exactly trash" moniker by having decent options for at least breaking even on the non-jackpot plays.

what is this crap: "two plays for the Jackpot only"? huh? a rather statistically impossible outcome...and you make 2x statistically impossible, for literally no real benefit (if you end up splitting the pot, your now 2x play vs the other person's play; so 3 winners--2/3 you--really isn't going to change your life in any meaningful way, beyond the already-impossible single win. It just doesn't. But hey, you think $1 is worth it. Don't do this. It is designed for horribly stupid people and shouldn't be allowed.

without the non-jackpot wins, recall that ATOT lotteries once figured that the $1mill pot would essentially mean $3-5k per player, after all taxes and distributions. Yeah, that sounds "garbage," but it isn't. Sure, you have people like Alky that would use it to buy a cupholder for their M3 or ponyo, buying an scarf for his wife, but it's also a decent chunk of change for a lot of people, to pay off sizeable debts. Just *poof!* interest gone like that for folks that need that wiped out, right now. paying an extra dollar, which is essentially valueless, to effectively erase all statistically relevant likelihood of winning anything, for anyone, for any individual anywhere, is just patently stupid.

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
noone won last nite.
megamillions now at $850M. it's bound to go near $1B as we approach the tues 1/19 drawing.

revive your atot lotto website?
so i guess we're not doing it for tomorrows drawing.
Fri drawing WILL be $1B+ if noone wins tomorrow.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Didn't check my number but I reckon I didn't win so I will head out for one of each (PB and MM) again.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I got all of 2 numbers on separate lines (5 lines total). This Friday I'll win it for sure. I can feel it!