MegaMillions: $970M

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I purchased one of each for Powerball and Megamillions yesterday and I reckon I didn't win. Try and try again.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I'd be happy with a million. My main worry in life is "how will I get by?". So if I had a little something in the bank, just enough to not worry, I'd be much happier and more positive.
750 million would probably mean I'd donate hundreds of millions to finance some community colleges or trade schools so that others in America would worry less, just like me.

Reactions: ponyo

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'd be happy with a million. My main worry in life is "how will I get by?". So if I had a little something in the bank, just enough to not worry, I'd be much happier and more positive.
750 million would probably mean I'd donate hundreds of millions to finance some community colleges or trade schools so that others in America would worry less, just like me.
shortylickens, you're a good guy. I hope you win.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Guess none of you won the powerball draw last night. I'd be more than willing to split it 100 ways if that's what it would mean to win. Up to 640m.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
million isn't what it used to be but it's more than what you have. :p

eh you'd be surprised what living like a broke college student with no girlfriend and investing the rest, while working 60 hours a week at tech and side jobs for almost 15 years in a bull market, can do

at this point i just want to be done. still shooting for october 1 2028

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
eh you'd be surprised what living like a broke college student with no girlfriend and investing the rest, while working 60 hours a week at tech and side jobs for almost 15 years in a bull market, can do

at this point i just want to be done. still shooting for october 1 2028
I hope you stay healthy and the market stays strong the next 8 years so you can get your wish of early retirement. Life can surprise you. :)

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
i still have a winning record with the ohio lottery

spent a few bucks, won 10 bucks. i quit while i was ahead.
I thought about buying a ticket last night. But it was cold outside and I didn't feel like driving to the gas station to buy a ticket knowing I was going to lose $2 and be cold. Seemed like lose-lose situation. But I might buy Mega Million and Powerball ticket today. I don't play often but I already won more than I put in because the state of GA uses the lottery money for college HOPE scholarships. The HOPE scholarship will pay for my daughter's tuition at GA Tech or University of Georgia when she starts college this fall. So you can definitely win if you play the lottery. :)

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I thought about buying a ticket last night. But it was cold outside and I didn't feel like driving to the gas station to buy a ticket knowing I was going to lose $2 and be cold. Seemed like lose-lose situation. But I might buy Mega Million and Powerball ticket today. I don't play often but I already won more than I put in because the state of GA uses the lottery money for college HOPE scholarships. The HOPE scholarship will pay for my daughter's tuition at GA Tech or University of Georgia when she starts college this fall. So you can definitely win if you play the lottery. :)

I'm so glad there are scholarships so rich kids can go to college and their parents don't have to work anymore.

LOL.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I'm so glad there are scholarships so rich kids can go to college and their parents don't have to work anymore.

LOL.
HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships are based on merit and not income. :). My daughter already received her early acceptance letter from both GA Tech and University of Georgia and will qualify for Zell Miller scholarship which covers 100% of the tuition at public college in GA. She's going to stay in-state to save me some money and also going to public university instead of private like Emory to save me even more money. In return, I will pay for all her college expenses and provide her with plenty of spending money. And I might buy her house to live in for her sophomore to senior years and rent it out after she graduates.

Reactions: highland145

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I just got back from buying my tickets. The line in my local store was very long, and I had to use a machine to get them. It cost me $20 because I had no change. It will be well worth it when I win.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
We doing this?! :D

I am in if you are and if I can pay you by Amazon Gift Card.

I didn't check my 4 tickets (2 for each of PB and MM) but I am sure I didn't win anything so I will head out for get 1 of each this time.