Medical Advice needed

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Well its 4 AM and the reason I'm up is cos I woke up and lay in bed then suddenly my heart rate shot through the roof and I felt like I was in for a ride.

Freaked me out and 1 minute later it happened again...

I'm up now and I don't know what the hell it was but it has me paranoid...
When in doubt go to the hospital, I know but...It seems like I'm ok now.

Any thoughts?
I should say that I regularly visit the doctor and am in great physical health.

toolboxolio

Jan 22, 2007
Yeah, sounds like a panic attack. See a doctor to get it checked out. You want to nip it in the bud.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Ditto on the panic attack diagnosis from Dr ATOT ... seriously its most likely no big deal & a simple tranquelizer at bedtime should take care of it, but only a real MD can tell you for sure so go get checked out.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
It's probably just because I've watched 7 House MD episodes in a row, but I think you're dying of some rare disease which takes 8492 conclusive leaps to discover.

You'll be dead in 14 hours unless you have a biopsy done.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
well, im ok now.

I went to the Emergency room but it took forever for them to attend me... I left but if anything else HAD happened, I was in the best place.

Thanks anyway, folks.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: mobobuff
It's probably just because I've watched 7 House MD episodes in a row, but I think you're dying of some rare disease which takes 8492 conclusive leaps to discover.

:laugh:

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: gersson
well, im ok now.

I went to the Emergency room but it took forever for them to attend me... I left but if anything else HAD happened, I was in the best place.

Thanks anyway, folks.
what did they conclude at the ER?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: j00fek
go see a doctor
read :confused:

he went to the ER.

But left without seeing anyone... OP make an appointment with your regular doctor & get checked out fully... the ER wasn't the best choice! (better then Dr ATOT though!)

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You should go to a Dr. and have them do an electrocardiogram to diagnose the reason for your tachycardia. Most likely it's a stress-induced sinus tachycardia that's nothing much to worry about.

imported_inspire

Jun 29, 2006

it could be lupus...

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
Originally posted by: inspire

it could be lupus...

naw it's never lupis

goatjc

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: interchange
You should go to a Dr. and have them do an electrocardiogram to diagnose the reason for your tachycardia. Most likely it's a stress-induced sinus tachycardia that's nothing much to worry about.

I had these all the time until I had surgery. They would just randomly happen. . .if I was exercising it was worse b/c I'd get light headed and pass out. I got issued what they call a "King of hearts" and when one came up and I was near it, I slapped it on and it took the readings and doctors could pinpoint what exactly was going on.

4 years after surgery, no problems since.

D

Deleted member 4644

I started having the same problem about 6 months ago. Unfortunately it still happens now and then. Most of my tests are normal, so for now I am not worrying about it much.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
These things are never as bad as they seem at the time. It can only go two ways, it either doesn't kill you, in which case no harm done, and if it does kill you, well, that solves all your problems as well, doesn't it?

I say ride it out, there's no bad outcome.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: goatjc
I had these all the time until I had surgery. They would just randomly happen. . .if I was exercising it was worse b/c I'd get light headed and pass out. I got issued what they call a "King of hearts" and when one came up and I was near it, I slapped it on and it took the readings and doctors could pinpoint what exactly was going on.

4 years after surgery, no problems since.

Did you have an atrial fibrulation or something?

AnMig

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
You can either be one of those people who downplay things and say its just a panic attack.

But if I where you I would probably see a doctor. Worse case scenario is that your heart may be going in and out of a abnormal rythm that can cause sudden death. (Atrial fibrillation, Ventricular Tachycardia)

EKG-takes a reading of the electrical impulses currently occuring, pretty useless if you are not having the palpitations, but it may catch a abnormal rythym or tendencies to go to a abnormal rythm.

24 hour holter will monitor your heart rythm, ekg x 24 hours, again not to usefull if you did not have the event occur during the process.

Event monitor- your heart is monitored and you press a button when you are having symptoms.

It could be just a panic attack but I dont think a doctor will blow this off without further investigation. Then again there are a lot of cavalier doctors out there.

Good luck

My Final Diagnosis " BRAIN CLOUD"