Media Player Classic / MPC Launch Stutter / Lag

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

coffeemonster

Apr 18, 2015
sorry if this is considered a necro, but since the issue was not resolved I thought I'd bring it back up. I must not have encountered this issue last Oct when I replied to this thread but I have definitely be having this issue the last few months. It started when I was still on win 8.1, a 3 year old install, so I just assumed it was a sign I needed to reinstall.

Now I am on a fresh install of win10 build 1809 and I'm getting this issue again. I actually use MPC-BE as opposed to MPC-HC but the issue sounds the same. I have noticed that if I leave a video file open and paused while playing a game through steam, then come back to it after I stop gaming. From then on all video files I open have this massive 5 sec latency lag where I barely even have control of the mouse. It persists as the OP mentions until a reboot.

I noticed switching MPC's video renderer to Default reduces the lag time but doesn't eliminate it. When I had this issue before on win8.1 I had another media player installed KMplayer that I don't think had this issue. I need to reinstall and test it again. I would still much prefer to use MPC and get to the bottom of this issue.