Media Bias chart for their ONLINE content (Abc, Cbs, CNN, Fox, NBC, AP, Ny Post, NY Times, etc)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
116452245_10157385999339149_7297013356188132234_o.jpg

As the chart says, this is their online content only.
(not TV, print, or radio)

Here's the bias chart that includes all media plus includes their reliability (ie: propaganda/misleading info, selective/incomplete, analysis, fact reporting):

But it is TOOOOOOOOOOOOO cluttered to be useful :(

Last edited:

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Reactions: ch33zw1z

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
The only ones in the center there are The Hill and WSJ. Everything else in that center category is left of center. Yes NPR "news" is left of center like the opinion articles.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
The only ones in the center there are The Hill and WSJ. Everything else in that center category is left of center. Yes NPR "news" is left of center like the opinion articles.

Good Lord. The fact you put The Christian Science Monitor, the BBC, the news div of NPR (prob the most balanced of US news orgs), and the WSJ all as left is amazing.

Really shows how screwed in the head you have become.

But I understand. They don’t call protesters “rioters” routinely and they certainly don’t regurgitate what you want to hear. I do understand facts are your enemy, as is science, education, health care, etc.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
In what world are Christian Science Monitor and Bloomberg on the left?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Good Lord. The fact you put The Christian Science Monitor, the BBC, the news div of NPR (prob the most balanced of US news orgs), and the WSJ all as left is amazing.

Really shows how screwed in the head you have become.

But I understand. They don’t call protesters “rioters” routinely and they certainly don’t regurgitate what you want to hear. I do understand facts are your enemy, as is science, education, health care, etc.
Trump and Fox News has seriously clouded his judgement.

I would love to see a misinformation chart. Like when Fox News online cropped out Trump's image from an Epstein picture.

Reactions: JEDIYoda and Pohemi

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Trump and Fox News has seriously clouded his judgement.

I would love to see a misinformation chart. Like when Fox News online cropped out Trump's image from an Epstein picture.
I don’t think it’s Trump and Fox News, he literally reads white supremacist websites.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Ah, this is the litmus test for whether or not someone is a Trump drone: their inability to distinguish between actual bias and merely telling unpleasant truths about Trump.

Trump lies often (far more than predecessors), is overtly corrupt, has failed to accomplish almost everything he said he'd do, completely botched the pandemic response, courts vicious dictators while bullying allies, and is explicitly tolerant of racism (if not an active supporter). This isn't spin -- these are all demonstrable facts.

For that matter, the Republican party is also characterized by an admitted obstructionist strategy and attempts to censor the truth (such as denying climate science) while promoting lies (see Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan in the big tech hearing).

Neutrality in journalism doesn't mean being nice to each side. It means telling the truth, and in some cases one side will look much worse than the other as a consequence. You want the media to present rosier pictures of Trump and the Republican party? Get better politicians.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Ah, this is the litmus test for whether or not someone is a Trump drone: their inability to distinguish between actual bias and merely telling unpleasant truths about Trump.

Trump lies often (far more than predecessors), is overtly corrupt, has failed to accomplish almost everything he said he'd do, completely botched the pandemic response, courts vicious dictators while bullying allies, and is explicitly tolerant of racism (if not an active supporter). This isn't spin -- these are all demonstrable facts.

For that matter, the Republican party is also characterized by an admitted obstructionist strategy and attempts to censor the truth (such as denying climate science) while promoting lies (see Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan in the big tech hearing).

Neutrality in journalism doesn't mean being nice to each side. It means telling the truth, and in some cases one side will look much worse than the other as a consequence. You want the media to present rosier pictures of Trump and the Republican party? Get better politicians.
I remember how in 2008 people complained about media bias because Obama got far more favorable coverage than McCain. This was true, but most of that favorable coverage was about how he was winning because, well, he was. Apparently the news was supposed to write a nice piece about McCain every time they accurately described the race so they could be ‘balanced’.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
CNN is good on factual accuracy, but they do pitch their news from a leftwing perspective. Nowadays anyway. It's a business decision to capalitize on anti-Trump grievance, and it's paid off with an increase in ratings.

NYT is only "left" in it's editorial section. Same with WaPo, though there it is only barely so as they run a decent number of conservative editorials. In both cases, their fact news sections run pretty much down the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Funny, I thought the Hill should go one notch to the right.

Reactions: Meghan54

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
Surprisingly not bad. Though I think I'd move The Hill and Newsweek one step right, BBC and NPR one step left.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Am I horribly wrong or isn’t Newsweek right of center not far left?

Newsweek is definitely left of center, at least in the current climate. I'm not sure I'd call it far left, but it rags on Trump frequently.

Reactions: Meghan54

Franz316

Sep 12, 2000
I don't think MSNBC and CNN are not left wing at all. If they were, they would I don't know.. actually cover progressive policies? People love to call them radical left for some reason, but they are the merely the more socially progressive media wing of corporate America. It's probably because of how off the deep end the right has become, to the point of any other idea becomes radical left. MSNBC/CNN currently get their ratings by feeding on people's anger with trump.

MSNBC had Chris Matthews in a primetime spot equate Bernie winning in Nevada with people being lined up and shot in Central Park. They run the same red scare tactics (more subtly) than Fox does when it comes to actual progressive policies, and guess why? They all have something to lose in supporting them.

Last edited:

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016

Does it get tiring being wrong all the time?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I am dubious of any methodology which winds up putting the NYT opinion section into the same bucket and Jacobin or Mother Jones.
Yes, that is manifestly absurd. Either their scale lacks sufficient precision to accurately represent the various sources or their methodology is bad.

Overall the author seems to have a moderate conservative bias. The WSJ editorial page LEANS right? Lol.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Lol,
CNN and MSNBC are anything but left.

They attack all leftist polcies, at best they are corporate neoliberal swine.

Agreed.. universal education and healthcare ridiculed by CNN & MSNBC.

If anything they are center right.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Funny, I thought the Hill should go one notch to the right.

The Hill uses reporters that are both left and right for both opinions and news. Thy aren't hiding it either as most of the reporters on the news also do opinion pieces so it is easy to see. I say they are the most center because of it. WSJ news tends to stick with news that isn't political and when they do it is literally like reading an almanac report. Straight boring facts.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The Hill uses reporters that are both left and right for both opinions and news. Thy aren't hiding it either as most of the reporters on the news also do opinion pieces so it is easy to see. I say they are the most center because of it. WSJ news tends to stick with news that isn't political and when they do it is literally like reading an almanac report. Straight boring facts.
So was John Solomon the fair or balanced reporter.