Medal of Honor Allied Assault Install Problem

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Skott, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Skott

Skott Diamond Member

Not sure if this is the correct forum or not to post this. If not, Mods please move it to proper section. wasn't sure whether to put it here, Hardware, or the highly Technical section.

Okay so I got a hankering to play MoHAS again. So I got out my Warchest edition and started installing. I read people had no trouble playing it om W7. Anyway, when it gets to a point about 75% install on second disk I get a pop-up message that says:

Component: Data Files Complete
    File Group: Data Files Complete
    File: D\main\Pak2.pk3
    Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I've tried installing twice and it always stops there and pops up that message. I'm guessing its telling me its having a problem installing that particular file onto the hard drive? Or is it my drive that has the problem? Like a bad section? Trying to figure out if its the disk file itself or the drive. I'm hoping its not a bad drive problem. I haven't had any problems since I built the rig earlier this year in March. Smooth sailing and gaming. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: There are no visible marks or scratches on disk.

#1 Skott, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  2. CuriousMike

CuriousMike Platinum Member

1- you might try making a copy of the disk, and using the copy during the install. (see if there is an error during the copy)
    2- are you overclocked and *really* stable? maybe you're in the midst of a decompress and it just so happens to be a unicorn spot that kills your machine
    3 - can you do the install in safe mode?

edit: per your sig, you have two machines. see if it installs on the 2nd.

3. BFG10K

BFG10K Lifer

You could also try manually copying Pak2.pk3 across with Windows Explorer.

4. Skott

Skott Diamond Member

The main PC is unclocked and quite stable. Got it to install on other PC (SG03) without problems. It needs to be run as admin to get it to start as well but I was kinda expecting that having read some of the problems people were having with it and W7. I'll have to tinker with the main PC some and see if I can get it to install and run on it.

5. BFG10K

BFG10K Lifer

Mine doesn't need to be run as admin. Have you tinkered with your UAC settings?

6. PrayForDeath

PrayForDeath Diamond Member

Sounds like a disk error.