MEDAL of HONOR AIRBORNE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Plumcuda1
Well here is some info for people that hate the game ... send it to ea .. they send you a NEW one .. then you can eturn it!

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/t...readID=289238&tstart=0

Hello,

Thank you for your email regarding Airborne for the PC. It is always a pleasure to assist our customers in any way that we can. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the game. Although we are unable to reimburse shipping costs, we pay for the shipping of the sealed game to return to the place of purchase for a refund.

Although the warranty department is unable to issue refunds directly, the game can be exchanged for a sealed copy that can be returned to the store from where it had been purchased for a refund. Please send in the entire game, along with a photocopy of the receipt dated within the 90-day warranty period, a short letter explaining the reason for the return, your email address, a phone number where you can be reached, and your return address information to the address below.

Send it to:

Electronic Arts Customer Warranty
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City CA, 94065

It is recommended to send products using a traceable method; Electronic Arts is not responsible for lost items. Please also refer to http: //warrantyinfo.ea.com/ for any questions or concerns about warranty for EA products in the future.

Thank you,

EA Customer Warranty

i'm confused by your post.

if you hate it, you send it to EA for another copy of the same game or another game? it also says "sealed game". SO if you play it, it isn't sealed any more.

Plumcuda1

Jan 1, 2005
I like the game ... but what that email implies is that you can return your opened game for one that is sealed. That will let you return it to where you bought it for a refund.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
I like the game ... but what that email implies is that you can return your opened game for one that is sealed. That will let you return it to where you bought it for a refund.

Assuming its done within their return policy time frame. Assuming the place you bought it takes returns to begin with. ;)

raystorm

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: PhatoseAlpha
It's a pretty good game. My main gripe is the extremely jarringly overpowerful late game enemies and weapons. The only thing more jarring then the Robocop Mauser and the Nazi war gods I could think of would be to have the last boss be an actual cyborg Hitler ala Wolfenstein.

Yea, those Nazi Elite soldiers came outta nowhere and they infest the last stage. Those bastards can wipe you out in 2 seconds..lol..crazy. They are just ridiculous and totally unnecessary.

Pretty good game though and I like how I can land anywhere I wish.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PhatoseAlpha
It's a pretty good game. My main gripe is the extremely jarringly overpowerful late game enemies and weapons. The only thing more jarring then the Robocop Mauser and the Nazi war gods I could think of would be to have the last boss be an actual cyborg Hitler ala Wolfenstein.

Hrm... you're referring to the chain-gun weilding nazi's? A few grenades lobbed in their direction along with a few shots to the head managed to kill them off pretty fast.

The only gripe I have - way too short.

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
Well here is some info for people that hate the game ... send it to ea .. they send you a NEW one .. then you can eturn it!

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/t...readID=289238&tstart=0

Hello,

Thank you for your email regarding Airborne for the PC. It is always a pleasure to assist our customers in any way that we can. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the game. Although we are unable to reimburse shipping costs, we pay for the shipping of the sealed game to return to the place of purchase for a refund.

Although the warranty department is unable to issue refunds directly, the game can be exchanged for a sealed copy that can be returned to the store from where it had been purchased for a refund. Please send in the entire game, along with a photocopy of the receipt dated within the 90-day warranty period, a short letter explaining the reason for the return, your email address, a phone number where you can be reached, and your return address information to the address below.

Send it to:

Electronic Arts Customer Warranty
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City CA, 94065

It is recommended to send products using a traceable method; Electronic Arts is not responsible for lost items. Please also refer to http: //warrantyinfo.ea.com/ for any questions or concerns about warranty for EA products in the future.

Thank you,

EA Customer Warranty

i'm confused by your post.

if you hate it, you send it to EA for another copy of the same game or another game? it also says "sealed game". SO if you play it, it isn't sealed any more.

Since stores do not allow the returning of opened PC software....and if you don't like Airborne...

1) Send your opened copy of Airborne to EA
2) They will then send you a sealed copy of Airborne
3) You then return the sealed copy of Airborne to your store where purchased
4) Receive refund from sealed copy

Of course, your store must accept sealed copy returns. This is how I understood the post.

spacelord

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2002
MOH Airborne keeps crashing on my system.. they say my 8800GTS "may not have the technical capability to run the game."

nice answer.

EA Tech response...

The issue is most likely due to your video card, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS. I am sorry but you have an unsupported video card which means that it may not be able to run the game as supported video cards would. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do to troubleshoot the issue because the video card may not have the technical capability to run the game.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I still havent finished the last MOH game, i'll get this one when its in the bargain bin for <20 bucks.