MEDAL of HONOR AIRBORNE

Plumcuda1

Jan 1, 2005
I installed the game yesterday. I have only played the single player for about an hour and think it is GREAT. Best looking game I have played to date. (new pc may be the reason also)

Mutiplayer ... well I went and started a game ... just so I could check out some maps ... and before I knew it my game was full. I know EA is working on a dedicated server patch (which I dont know why they didnt release that with the game) but hopefully they do it soon and fix any bugs out there. Only bug I have heard is when people climb ladders they lag at the top. (I havent)

Anyways ... post your thoughts, !

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Single Player - SHORT, but fun... needs about 10 more levels.

Multi - have not tried yet.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
A fun game but very short. I'm talking about six hours of gameplay here. They should've added two missions in North Africa and another in France to make it a bit longer.

I still liked it because I love FPSes, WWII and the MoH series and Airborne gives me all three. :p

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I only paid 39 so I can forgive the shortness a bit (and to be truthful, for a while there were a lot of short games release, we've just been blessed to have that changed a bit as of recently).

I did did get it to play airborne multiplayer (I do love jumping out for each spawn time)

JasonSix78

Platinum Member
Mar 5, 2005
Agreed, awesome game but way too short. One thing I really liked about the game was the weapon upgrades. My favorite so far is the shotgun w/modified choke and bayonet. I'm playing through a second time to finish upgrading the rest.

A quick question, does MOH:A, or any of the other MOH PC games, have a mod community? Didn't know if we could look forward to added missions and/or levels.

-Jason

Apr 29, 2007
wow i just played it for the first time. i could not stand it for more than 20 minutes. i got a MAJOR HEADACHE from the strange camera effects and that fucking weirdy sprint effect. the guns are really random also, and i hate games like that. i'd take cod2 or rtcw/et over moha any day.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
i got a MAJOR HEADACHE from the strange camera effects and that fucking weirdy sprint effect.
Turn off post processing and sprint effects.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Originally posted by: BFG10K
i got a MAJOR HEADACHE from the strange camera effects and that fucking weirdy sprint effect.
Turn off post processing and sprint effects.

Yep, those motion blur effects are only there if you don't turn them off.

Has anyone managed to do the karate landing yet?

JPB

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2005
I have played it also. To me...its the best looking graphics I have seen to date ( except maybe Oblivion with Quarls pak ) and is extremely fun. Havent tried MP yet.

<-----------WAITING ON BROTHERS IN ARMS : HELLS HIGHWAY <---Without this game here, MOH:A won't be taking a back seat to any game.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
WAY to fuckign short.

getting tired of the 5-7 hour games. if this is the trend i guess i will stop playing. No way in hell am i going to spend $40 for a 6 hour game.

As for Mp for some reason i can't get PB to work.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Ya the length of this title really irked me, its rediculous when I can beat a game on its hardest setting in a couple of nights. Is it just me or is the level design basically a-hey lets just randomly put doods all over the map like what you used to get with a random mission editor. Very unelegant, and the AI loves to stack near doors and sit there while I reload my shotgun. To actually make the game fun ive done the entire game from the point of the shotgun to only use handgun and shotgun. Lasted a little longer that way.

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: manimal
Ya the length of this title really irked me, its rediculous when I can beat a game on its hardest setting in a couple of nights. Is it just me or is the level design basically a-hey lets just randomly put doods all over the map like what you used to get with a random mission editor. Very unelegant, and the AI loves to stack near doors and sit there while I reload my shotgun. To actually make the game fun ive done the entire game from the point of the shotgun to only use handgun and shotgun. Lasted a little longer that way.

I had the same thoughts.

My biggest gripe is the unlimited AI. The game is set up so that you basically have "rooms" in that there are clusters of AI characters. The sniper rifle and other long-range weapons and tactics are useless as the enemy keeps coming no matter how many you kill. In the end you have to just run in at close range, brave the fire, and kill the enemy. It makes all tactics pointless and more like a FPS than anything else.

And yeah, too damn short.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Like others have said. Single player is good, but short.

Mulitplayer sucks. Releasing it without a dedicated server client? WTF? Stupidity at its finest. Also Punkbuster does not seem to be working with it. I've seen way too many people walking thru walls, walk off the edge of the map and reappearing on the other side, etc, etc, etc..... to believe that Punkbuster is working at all.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
guess i'll stick with tf2 until prices come down on some of these games. way too short to spend $50 on.

shinerburke, you mentioned stuff about the server client and people cheating, but how does MP play otherwise?

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: pontifex
guess i'll stick with tf2 until prices come down on some of these games. way too short to spend $50 on.

shinerburke, you mentioned stuff about the server client and people cheating, but how does MP play otherwise?

In its current state it is almost unplayable. Mostly due to the cheating. I have also yet to find a "server" to play on that didn't lag like a beast. I'm on a 12 meg connection and never have lag issues on other games, but this one lags constantly. Of course that has a lot to do with not playing on a dedicated server.

To be honest I could deal with the lag if it wasn't for the cheating.

Never understood why people cheat at games.....where is the fun in that?

SEAL62505

Golden Member
Oct 8, 2000
I played the 360 demo as well as the full PC game. I am not too far into it on the PC, but every once in awhile I get a killer drop in frame rates with my 8600gt... Expected I guess as it isn't a great gaming card. It still plays good for the most part though. If it wasn't for so many good 360 games coming out I would have got the 360 version.

PhatoseAlpha

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2005
It's a pretty good game. My main gripe is the extremely jarringly overpowerful late game enemies and weapons. The only thing more jarring then the Robocop Mauser and the Nazi war gods I could think of would be to have the last boss be an actual cyborg Hitler ala Wolfenstein.

NYCSTE2003

Oct 27, 2003
hey i installed the DEMO. anyone play the demo. are there really no save point options?

like i did the first 3 tasks last night but now im trying to start where i left off and i cant. anyone know if you can and im just not finding it?

actually i think i just beat the demo. not sure. but i blewup all the things and then talked to some dude for mission 2 and htne the game stopped so i guess thats full demo

Plumcuda1

Jan 1, 2005
Well here is some info for people that hate the game ... send it to ea .. they send you a NEW one .. then you can eturn it!

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/t...readID=289238&tstart=0

Hello,

Thank you for your email regarding Airborne for the PC. It is always a pleasure to assist our customers in any way that we can. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the game. Although we are unable to reimburse shipping costs, we pay for the shipping of the sealed game to return to the place of purchase for a refund.

Although the warranty department is unable to issue refunds directly, the game can be exchanged for a sealed copy that can be returned to the store from where it had been purchased for a refund. Please send in the entire game, along with a photocopy of the receipt dated within the 90-day warranty period, a short letter explaining the reason for the return, your email address, a phone number where you can be reached, and your return address information to the address below.

Send it to:

Electronic Arts Customer Warranty
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City CA, 94065

It is recommended to send products using a traceable method; Electronic Arts is not responsible for lost items. Please also refer to http: //warrantyinfo.ea.com/ for any questions or concerns about warranty for EA products in the future.

Thank you,

EA Customer Warranty