Discussion Meat is murder? Then prove it.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
OK it is well known that the people over at www.peta.org claim that Meat is Murder and that "Animals are not ours to be used in any way." I have to say that this a bunch of bull and anyone who actually believes that is outright delusional.

My case in point:

Humanity has been using animals since the dawn of time.
Both meat eating along with cooking basically made us human.
Man is just as much a product of Nature just as the lower Animals are.
You need Vitamin B12 which requires the consumption of Animal Products to get.
In many regions edible plants may be marginal or even nonexistent.

Peta calls this being Speciesist, well so what? Just why shouldn't we be?

Nov 25, 2013
OK it is well known that the people over at www.peta.org claim that Meat is Murder and that "Animals are not ours to be used in any way." I have to say that this a bunch of bull and anyone who actually believes that is outright delusional.

My case in point:

Humanity has been using animals since the dawn of time.
Both meat eating along with cooking basically made us human.
Man is just as much a product of Nature just as the lower Animals are.
You need Vitamin B12 which requires the consumption of Animal Products to get.
In many regions edible plants may be marginal or even nonexistent.

Peta calls this being Speciesist, well so what? Just why shouldn't we be?

Why do you care what that small, over-hyped, death cult says?

Reactions: DisarmedDespot

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
in the words of a wiser man than I:

58828baddc790_thatsbait.gif.0b5817d3915d41f1f81aa3cfa9c0da6e.gif

And Im not biting

Reactions: Texashiker

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
For some, meat is murder. A good example is Jeffrey Dahmer. :D

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
PETA just another group trying to destroy manhood by making us all eat womanfying foods like soy beans that give us boobs and manginas. The real defense is bite the heads of of love chickens at a PETA rally while wearing a fur coat mad from mink and baby seal.

Or ignore them and move on with your life.

Thrashard

Oct 6, 2016
PETA is run by people who have a mental disorder and looking for free money to spread propaganda and guilt

Nov 29, 2006
People Enjoy Tasty Animals

But to your thread title question, they are not wrong, if you kill something on purpose, then that is murder. Premeditated murder. No real reason that can only apply to humans.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
People Enjoy Tasty Animals

But to your thread title question, they are not wrong, if you kill something on purpose, then that is murder. Premeditated murder. No real reason that can only apply to humans.
Plants are alive, so why isn't murder to kill them? We humans have to kill and consume other living things in order to live.

Now I can see and even agree with concerns about animal farming and killing the meat animal humanely as possible.

Nov 29, 2006
Plants are alive, so why isn't murder to kill them? We humans have to kill and consume other living things in order to live.

Now I can see and even agree with concerns about animal farming and killing the meat animal humanely as possible.

While technically true on a cellular level, but you’d be hard pressed to find many people arguing against the murder of plants lol

Animals are much more alive in a human sense than a plant is.

Not a great argument I’m sure, but it’s all I got lol

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
While technically true on a cellular level, but you’d be hard pressed to find many people arguing against the murder of plants lol

Animals are much more alive in a human sense than a plant is.

Not a great argument I’m sure, but it’s all I got lol
One question for you, is it possible to avoid killing any animals at all by going completely vegan?

Nov 29, 2006
One question for you, is it possible to avoid killing any animals at all by going completely vegan?

I think so. Many people live vegan now. I’ve tried it myself before. Everything we need can be found in some form of plant etc. Vegetarian is a lot easier than vegan though, less sacraficing.

I don’t think the world will ever get to that point though. Too many people love meat, myself included.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I think so. Many people live vegan now. I’ve tried it myself before. Everything we need can be found in some form of plant etc. Vegetarian is a lot easier than vegan though, less sacraficing.

I don’t think the world will ever get to that point though. Too many people love meat, myself included.
So how would we prevent wild animals from eating our crops? How would you get vitamin B12? What about habitat destruction?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habitat_destruction

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
There are vegan sources of vitamin B12 unless you consider micro-organisms animals the same way you would a cow.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
When I kill someone I find it a waste to let the meat go to waste.
Ooooh.. animals... nvm.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
There are vegan sources of vitamin B12 unless you consider micro-organisms animals the same way you would a cow.
Is it in a form we can use? Are there other substances that bind to it that would prevent our bodies from using it as well?