measuring games performance across CPU and GPU

wahdangun

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2011
BF1_Vega.png
BF1_1080.png

Civ_1080.png

Civ_Vega.png

so what the hell hapen in this benchmark ?? why the CPU performance so depend on wich GPU brand you use ?

and to my surprise the Vega LC is actually competitive ??

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i don't think this is the right conclusion you should make from these graphs. some games (engines) work better on 1 GPU architecture but not the other, some games like more cores, some like higher frequency. drivers also come into play in the way they are able to utilize the CPU resources available.

or you could go the conspiracy way, hinting that AMD makes nVIDIA cards run slower with their CPUs, and make Intel CPUs look bad with their VEGA cards...

Reactions: UglyDuckling

wahdangun

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2011
i don't think this is the right conclusion you should make from these graphs. some games (engines) work better on 1 GPU architecture but not the other, some games like more cores, some like higher frequency. drivers also come into play in the way they are able to utilize the CPU resources available.

or you could go the conspiracy way, hinting that AMD makes nVIDIA cards run slower with their CPUs, and make Intel CPUs look bad with their VEGA cards...

not trying to start conspiracy or anything like that, its just the data was quite fascinating, and its mean when we choose our GPU we must also consider our cpu architecture/brand to get the most of it.

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
so what the hell hapen in this benchmark ??
Anybody who uses dx12 in bf1 to compare anything is out of his/her's/it's mind or out to fool you,that's what happened in this bench.
Click bait galore.

wahdangun

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2011
Anybody who uses dx12 in bf1 to compare anything is out of his/her's/it's mind or out to fool you,that's what happened in this bench.
Click bait galore.

It's not only bf1, but civilization, AOTS. Just look at their 7890xe review.