Meanwhile, back in Georgia, the South gonna rise again . .

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
"In this one, the teachers were trying to do a cross-curricular activity," Gwinnett County school district spokeswoman Sloan Roach said.

Roach said the teachers were attempting to incorporate social studies into math problems.

...yeah

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Grow a thicker fucking skin. In no way are those questions advocating slavery any more than the questions I had when I was a kid advocated stealing: if Bob has 5 marbles and Jill takes two of them, how many times should Bob donkey punch Jill?

Seriously, though, it's fucking arithmetic.

Yes, it's probably in bad taste. But does it really deserve news coverage?

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Grow a thicker fucking skin. In no way are those questions advocating slavery any more than the questions I had when I was a kid advocated stealing: if Bob has 5 marbles and Jill takes two of them, how many times should Bob donkey punch Jill?

Seriously, though, it's fucking arithmetic.

Yes, it's probably in bad taste. But does it really deserve news coverage?

If three hundred people jumped from the Twin Towers and they disassembled into an average of three meaty chunks upon impact, how many bits of gore have been strewn about Manhattan?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
No no, the proper racist question would be, if every black slave got two beatings a day, would slave productivity rise if we increased it to three beatings per day? And other bottom line point, if only black slaves pick the peaches, why do white slave owners deserve any of the peaches.

But yup there is something really wrong with some text book authors in the State of Georgia.

Alas poor Yorick, they should have been fired before the book went into print.

Jan 25, 2011
If three hundred people jumped from the Twin Towers and they disassembled into an average of three meaty chunks upon impact, how many bits of gore have been strewn about Manhattan?

Exactly what I thought. If we were doing problems counting up terrorist kills the people defending this would change their tune I'm sure.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

If a squad of 8 US soldiers rapes 56 Afghan babies equally, how many does each rape?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
This reminds me of when my calculus professor used an example of a ladder shackled to a baby being slowly tugged down the side of a building...

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009

If a squad of 8 US soldiers rapes 56 Afghan babies equally, how many does each rape?

Indeterminate. I believe you meant to say that they divided 56 babies equally among them, but that's not what you actually said. You said "raped equally", but there's no real equality below all 8 raping each baby at least once. At that point all babies are equal in having had every soldier.

drebo

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
My only words to that is holy fuck... How can anyone defend that nonsense?

Why does it need to be defended? It's a fucking arithmetic problem.

Are you bleeding hearts now anti-arithmetic because it can be used to quantify things which are scary and might hurt someone?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig234 did not necessarily ask the wrong question, but when even one US soldiers gets away with raping a single Afghan baby, how fast will the USA lose the support of even its allies and how delighted will be the enemies of America? And how quickly will the recruiting offices of the Taliban and Al-Quida fill up with new fresh recruits?

And how fast will our allies decide, if this the real moral leadership of America, how fast will our allies decide we can't support US foreign policy. Lordie, its hard to claim the US is morally leading the free world when more and more nations can't tolerate our brutality and moral failures?

And even more to the point, we have a fresh new Afghan scandal where many US rouge soldiers were running around killing inocent Afghan civilians.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003

Indeterminate. I believe you meant to say that they divided 56 babies equally among them, but that's not what you actually said. You said "raped equally", but there's no real equality below all 8 raping each baby at least once. At that point all babies are equal in having had every soldier.

I don't agree with the slave math questions, but your answers to the hypothetical questions was awesome and I laughed.

But you forgot, Jill should get donkey punched twice.

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
it is the South. Their standard mentality is an inescapable product of many generations of inbreeding.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
The US educational system is a joke, this is just the latest news of a society in decline. While White trash are busy making up stupid math questions to make themselves feel important, Asian nations are kicking the US's ass in everything.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig234 did not necessarily ask the wrong question, but when even one US soldiers gets away with raping a single Afghan baby, how fast will the USA lose the support of even its allies and how delighted will be the enemies of America? And how quickly will the recruiting offices of the Taliban and Al-Quida fill up with new fresh recruits?

And how fast will our allies decide, if this the real moral leadership of America, how fast will our allies decide we can't support US foreign policy. Lordie, its hard to claim the US is morally leading the free world when more and more nations can't tolerate our brutality and moral failures?

And even more to the point, we have a fresh new Afghan scandal where many US rouge soldiers were running around killing inocent Afghan civilians.

1) You're a retard
2) That "scandal" with the 2ID Striker brigade happened over a year ago

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
When is the union going to come out and defend them, saying no one should be able to tell teachers how to do their jobs and that management needs to back off?

"In this one, the teachers were trying to do a cross-curricular activity," Gwinnett County school district spokeswoman Sloan Roach said.
Roach said the teachers were attempting to incorporate social studies into math problems.
"We understand that there are concerns about these questions, and we agree that these questions were not appropriate," she said.