meaningful Movies?

L

Lola

Steel Magnolias - My favorite movie, the message of laughter through tears and living through lifes hurts is wonderful.

Schindlers List - For obvious reasons. So well done.

Dead Poets Society - I feel this is one of Robin Williams finest movies. It sends a message of enjoying life to the fullest and breaking the constraints of family expectations.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Schindler's List, definitely.

I also loved Europa, Europa (german film)

Scent of a Woman is high on my list.

Mr. Holland's Opus - horribly cheesy, but I liked it

and Forrest Gump

L

Lola

Originally posted by: StevenYoo
Schindler's List, definitely.

I also loved Europa, Europa (german film)

Scent of a Woman is high on my list.

Mr. Holland's Opus - horribly cheesy, but I liked it

and Forrest Gump

Oh, forgot Forrest Gump.
and, La Vita è bella (Life is Beautiful) sooo good and the little boy in it was unforgettable.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Requiem for a Dream
Pi
Braveheart
Band of Brothers (series)
The Shawshank Redemption
Debbie Does Dallas

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Steel Magnolias - My favorite movie, the message of laughter through tears and living through lifes hurts is wonderful.

Schindlers List - For obvious reasons. So well done.

Dead Poets Society - I feel this is one of Robin Williams finest movies. It sends a message of enjoying life to the fullest and breaking the constraints of family expectations.

We hate watching Steel Magnolias!

We like Rambo and Die Hard 4!

We jump and down like fools when we get some new tools from the Home Depot store!

:laugh:

archiloco

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2004
three amigos, seriously it's such a quotable movie and everybody loves it.

oh meaningful, then i would have to say Schindlers list.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
A lot of people mention Schindlers List.. somehow I haven't seen the movie yet. I have read the book though, which was quite good.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: datalink7
A lot of people mention Schindlers List.. somehow I haven't seen the movie yet. I have read the book though, which was quite good.

The movie is so touching and so well done.
The actors are perfect for their parts, i know Stephen Speilberg really tried to make it as realistic as possible.
Just knowing that he captured something that did in fact happen not that long ago in such a real way, when you watch it, you almost have to make yourself believe that something this horrific really did occur.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Big Fish has hit me more at an emotional level than any other movie I've seen.

CollectiveUnconscious

Jan 27, 2006
Originally posted by: LolaWiz

Also one of my favorites. Williams' character was based off of my father's teacher, and the school was based off of the prep school we both attended. If you went there, this movie has a much deeper meaning, as the writer captured its essence quite well.