Mea maxima culpa: Silence in the house of god

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Premieres on HBO this weekend. I will be watching. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Pope resigning?

investigates the secret crimes of Father Lawrence Murphy, a charismatic Milwaukee priest who abused more than 200 Deaf children in a school under his control. The film documents the first known public protest against clerical sex abuse in the U.S., which led to a case that spanned three decades and ultimately resulted in a lawsuit against the pontiff himself. The investigation helped uncover documents from the secret Vatican archives that show the Pope, who must operate within the mysterious rules of the Roman Curia, as both responsible and helpless in the face of evil.

The film also reveals that in 2001, Cardinal Ratzinger – now His Holiness, Benedict the 16th – ordered that every sex abuse case involving a minor come through his desk, essentially establishing him as the most knowledgeable person in the world regarding priestly sexual abuse of minors.

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/mea-maxima-culpa/synopsis.html

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yea, I don't know if that's something I would watch.

and lol @ the troll..

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yes, OP, I'm convinced that the Pope abdicated because of that HBO documentary. Good thinking ;)

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It premiered last weekend as I DVRed it. I watched part of it yesterday, I couldn't get through it ... too disturbing. The guy who made the documentary was a guest on Real Time with Bill Maher, which is how I heard about it. I can't remember if I deleted it or not, if I didn't I might try to get through the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.