McDonalds ice coffee

patentman

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2005
So I tried McDonald's iced coffee the other day. I t was the first time I've been in a Mcdonalds in about 3 years, but I was thirsty and and it was there. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was really, really good! Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
-cheap (1/2 the price of starbucks and cheaper than dunkin donuts)
-large (the medium is ~the size of a vente at starbucks)
-tastes good

Cons:
-probably horrible for you (loaded with cream)
-kind've tastes like non-dairy flavored creamer, because the cream/coffee ratio is very high.
-a bit too sweet
-it's McDonalds, so there is an embarrassment factor in buying it ( at least for me)

Anyone else tried it?

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I haven't tried the iced coffee but their regular coffee is great. It's the best fast food coffee and better than Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts (my previous favorite).

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
You can't put your own cream in it?

By the way, Starbucks iced coffee is disgusting. And their tea is too hot. I burned my tongue 2 days ago and it still hurts. Isn't it supposed to be ready to drink, after the precedent set by the McDonalds lawsuits???

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Their coffee is an absolute crap. Better then it was years ago but still crap. Whoever said McD's coffee is better then Starbucks needs to have their tastebuds checked and stop drinking brown dishwater.

L

Lola

I used to like their regular coffee when they switched to a special blend a few months (maybe a year ago) then when they introduced the McCafe coffees, i felt the brew was lacking and is just covered up by lots of cream and sugar.

I tried the iced and hot lattes and cap's. and did not think they were that good. Everyone says Dunkin Donuts coffee is great so i will try that, but i do not prefer McD's coffee any more than starbucks or Tim Hortons.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: AnyMal
Their coffee is an absolute crap. Better then it was years ago but still crap. Whoever said McD's coffee is better then Starbucks needs to have their tastebuds checked and stop drinking brown dishwater.

I don't know. Alot of my friends who like starbucks say mcd's is just as good, and there was a huge study done that was talked about on fox and cnn about who had the best coffee, and mcd's swept it..

i dont drink coffee btw. so im unbiased.

Firebot

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2005

There was a blind taste done in Canada about a year ago, comparing a bunch of different brands of coffee including Tim Horton's, Starbucks and McDonalds. McDonalds turned out to be the favourite by far, with Starbucks being average at best.

http://www.canada.com/reginaleaderpost/...d=9af404dd-0e49-4fee-bc57-01be823174ff

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
i tried their iced coffee today... it is pretty good for the price.

of course it isn't a substitute for a white chocolate mocha latte at starbucks, but i can afford to drink it everyday for breakfast.

eplebnista

Lifer
Dec 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Chunkee
try one of those DQ MooLattes

good lord... heaven

tried one and didn't like it. my favorite mcd iced coffee is the hazelnut flavor.

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006

Dude Starbucks Coffee is awful. They burn the living crap out of their beans then call it a dark roast. Your actually telling me you defend that burnt awfulness?

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
Starbucks coffee is pretty bad -.-

Also, I wish there was a Tim Hortons down here (Virginia). They started to introduce that to the northern states right?