McCane Senior Moment #26

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
This is the second time he has said this. The media gave him a pass when he went to Iraq and said this the first time. Chuck Todd on MTP said that if Obama or Clinton had confused Al Qaeda as Shi'a, the media would have been all over them. This is the second time in 1 month. Which candidate is the media going to cheer lead for in November. Obama if he gets the nomination or McCain. I mean come on. This is the second time he had this senior moment on the exact same thing and he is probably going to get another pass.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Oh No!

Another mistake by a politician!

What will we do?

Do we need more white people behind McCain? Or is that reserved for AA candidates? Or was that just a mistake by Obama's people?

Which is worse, needing more white people in the shot, or forgetting who is who in the middle east? :D

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: chowderhead
This is the second time he has said this. The media gave him a pass when he went to Iraq and said this the first time. Chuck Todd on MTP said that if Obama or Clinton had confused Al Qaeda as Shi'a, the media would have been all over them. This is the second time in 1 month. Which candidate is the media going to cheer lead for in November. Obama if he gets the nomination or McCain. I mean come on. This is the second time he had this senior moment on the exact same thing and he is probably going to get another pass.

Hillary yes, Obama? Hardly. The media is in love with Obama. Probably chalk it upto him being so smart he was making a joke or something.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Yep. Obama recently said he'd call the President of Canada about NAFTA.

Hillary and Obama and McCain have made many such mistakes.

Right now, the media appears to adore Obama.

That can always change, though.

I can't imagine the media ever cutting McCain any slack, and they appear to have abandoned Hillary.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: chowderhead

3rd time actually. http://www.salon.com/opinion/g...ald/2008/03/19/mccain/

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Here Iraq is a puzzle wrapped in an enigma that is really going to take brains and leadership to solve.

And for the third time McCain demonstrates he can't even read the numbers on the back of the players Jerseys.

And if he know nothing about what motivates our enemies and who they ally with and are opposed to, how can he have effective leadership.

To give a sports analogy, give McCain the ball, and he will pass it to the other team.

Give him a few more years and he will probably think we are fighting the Viet Cong in Iraq, another few years, the British
in the revolutionary war.

Senile or stupid, does it matter? And in a cave far away, maybe Ossama Bin Laden will die laughing.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
"The media gave him a pass when he went to Iraq and said this the first time."

That story was all over the news media, actually.

Can't see how anyone could say he got a pass.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: LTC8K6
I can't imagine the media ever cutting McCain any slack, and they appear to have abandoned Hillary.

Not so sure. They gave her a lot of press and airtime today with her "grilling" of Petraeus.

Amazing the difference in her tone and stature from 6 months ago when she told us that "the willing suspension of disbelief..." would be required to believe Petraeus...

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: LTC8K6

Not so sure. They gave her a lot of press and airtime today with her "grilling" of Petraeus.

Amazing the difference in her tone and stature from 6 months ago when she told us that "the willing suspension of disbelief..." would be required to believe Petraeus...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From what I can understand, I don't think Obama has yet had his turn up at bat with Petraeus and Crocker. So I assume that is coming soon with the press coverage that goes with it. And as fast as events are now moving, the Iraqi picture could look different tomorrow.

The real question is are the McCain remarks somewhat slips of the tongue, or is McCain pulling a Dick Cheney and basically repeating previously discredited arguments that still work with some. At least in MHO, the later course is taking the low road and plays a very dangerous game.

At least GWB plays a smarter game there, he lets Cheney and others be his running dog while he stays above it all. Clinton, McCain, and Obama have no such luxury.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's not a mistake or senior moment. He's just planting the seeds for the invasion of Iran. This is for the same crowd that thinks we attacked Iraq because Saddam was behind 9/11.

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
We cannot invade Iran. We absolutely do not have enough resources or resolve to do so, imo.

We might run some infiltration ops and air raids to blow up some interesting targets, but we cannot support an invasion at all, imo.