McCain surges. New polls show him within a hair of victory?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Like I said unless Obama wins North Carolina McCain doesn't even have to campaign.

Like I said I hope I am wrong which is very very rare.

Crossing fingers for very very rare.

Guys, there s a very small chance the "drive for 5", "next stop for oil $200", and the "Hawaii where Obama leads by 30+ points is a red state" guy could be wrong. It's very very rare, but it's possible.

LOL!

LOL +1!

Bump for mentally ill Dave.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: techs
Democrats couldn't believe Bushes strategy in 2004 of steering radically right and pandering to the religious right wing could possibly result in victory. But it did.

REMEMBER what Karl Rove said? We added up the numbers and we realized it wasn't about appealing to the independents. Independents are just that. Independent. They are either gonna vote for or against us based on more than the campaign. They vote policies.

Now look at the electoral map of 2004 when Bush won:
http://www.realclearpolitics.c...bama_vs_mccain/?map=11

Tell me you are sure of Virginia and Ohio switching Democrat?

Ohio is razor thin and Virgiania saw a 7.5 percent difference in the vote between the polls and Wilder when he ran.

Now here's my point. The ONE state McCain MUST have is Florida. AMAZINGLY he has not campaigned in Florida in over 2.5 months. That's a WTF that should scare the cr*p out of Democrats. Not campaiging in the ONE state he absolutely has to have? And, if he DOES win it than Obama has to take away MORE than just a single major state from McCain that Bush won in 2004.

What does the McCain campaign know about Florida that we don't know?

If McCain wins Florida, look at the map of 2004.

Obama needs to flip not just one state but at least TWO states.

Even with Virginia Obama loses.

Cr*p! Dmcowen may be right.

Like I said unless Obama wins North Carolina McCain doesn't even have to campaign.

Like I said I hope I am wrong which is very very rare.

Crossing fingers for very very rare.

Thanks for the laugh ;)