McCain RNC speech - Best Moment

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
I could kinda see that working if McCain loses.

He and Leiberman just switch parties

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Yes my friends, GWB&co has made some giant mistakes that now need correcting, join me my friends, quit complaining, do something to bail me out, enlist in our military, join the ministry, feed a hungry child, becomes a teacher and teach an illiterate adult to tell the difference between a Shia and a Sunni. As for me, I would sooner suggest we just join the democratic party where the few good maverick ideas of John McCain are far more common rather than being a unique GOP exception.

And did I forget, noun verb, McCain was a POW still re fighting the Vietnam war with the same failed tactics.

But he wasn't tortured

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Deleted member 4644
Originally posted by: deftron
Yeah I had to put together a quick clip when I saw it :laugh:

The first full stream online (Fox News) actually edited it out. LOL
Had to wait for an uncensored one to come out.
Fox is unbelievable.
Fox is "fair and balanced".

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DanceMan
Originally posted by: Jaskalas
Originally posted by: eskimospy
hahaha. Yeah.

"If you see problems with our country, work to fix it... just for god's sake don't do that by becoming a community organizer because we just spent the last few days trashing them."

Because being CO makes you qualified to be President.

Nope, but being a PTA member and hockey mom sure seems to better fill out that résumé, huh?

Dude, she has executive experience!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: her209
Originally posted by: Deleted member 4644
Yeah I had to put together a quick clip when I saw it :laugh:

The first full stream online (Fox News) actually edited it out. LOL
Had to wait for an uncensored one to come out.
Fox is unbelievable.
Fox is "fair and balanced".

A house I was at this morning had FOX news on for the two hours I was there. I hadn't actually watched FOX news in quite a long time and I had forgotten just how bad it is. I can't believe they still attempt to maintain with a straight face the fact that they are 'fair and balanced'.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
How is this possible? Seriously... this HAS to be a mistake.
McCain had more viewers during his speech than even Obama?!?!

http://www.tvweek.com/news/200...tings_beat_obama_i.php

Presidential candidate John McCain's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention drew more television viewers than his rival Barack Obama attracted at the Democratic party's event last week, according to preliminary ratings from Nielsen Media Research.

Across all broadcast networks Thursday, Sen. McCain?s speech ended the night with a 4.8 rating/7 share, compared to Sen. Obama?s 4.3/7 average, according to overnight numbers from metered households in 55 U.S. markets measured by Nielsen. These ratings are preliminary, however, and are subject to change.

NBC?s coverage of Sen. McCain?s speech started directly at the tail end of the opening game of NFL season, with the speech pulling in a 6.3 rating/10 share, topping Sen. Obama?s speech last week by 26%. That lead-in may have boosted audiences who last night turned out in droves to watch Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin introduce herself to the country.

ABC?s showing of the McCain speech averaged a 4.5/7, down 2% from the same night of the Democratic convention last week, while CBS? coverage took in a 3.4/5, an increase of 3%.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You can't make this stuff up. :laugh:

The journey of a thousand miles begins...

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
See, I thought the best moment was when the camera panned to the idiots holding up signs and one of them was upside down.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: 351Cleveland

Does this mean we'll stop hearing the "celebrity" attacks? Didn't think so.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: jonks

Does this mean we'll stop hearing the "celebrity" attacks? Didn't think so.

McCain's viewers were "Real Americans."

I think Obama's viewers were floppy-headed Canadian freaks.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
What does he say after "teach and...". I didn't notice it when I watched it live, but it sounds like "teach and abduct an illiterate adult to read". Oh my, I'm slow... I just caught on with the sign.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Finally could watch this. Color me underwhelmed. The Internets was funny, that was just stupid.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Imp
What does he say after "teach and...". I didn't notice it when I watched it live, but it sounds like "teach and abduct an illiterate adult to read". Oh my, I'm slow... I just caught on with the sign.

Started to say "teach an adult", caught himself and corrected to "illiterate adult"

deftron

Lifer
Nov 17, 2000
The only thing I don't get is going after the illiterate adult demographic.

Do election ballots have the candidates pictures on them, next to their names ?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
The only thing I don't get is going after the illiterate adult demographic.

Do election ballots have the candidates pictures on them, next to their names ?
The answer is pre-punched.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I noticed that sign last night. I think Dan Quayle was hiding behind it.

But it wasn't shown at that part of the speech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

I noticed that sign last night. I think Dan Quayle was hiding behind it.

Dan Quayle was probably the guy holding it. Ever since he misspelled "potato" in full public view, he's been the poster boy for the Republican illiterati. :laugh:

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Video

This one literally had me laughing out loud. The piece really hits it's stride when it starts talking about McCain bringing "change" to Washington.

McCain wasn't kidding when, referring to pork-barrel politicians, he said "I'll make them famous and you will know their names"...Sarah Palin went from a nobody to a household name in under a week.

Merged

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002

http://www.tvweek.com/news/200...tings_beat_obama_i.php

Presidential candidate John McCain's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention drew more television viewers than his rival Barack Obama attracted at the Democratic party's event last week, according to preliminary ratings from Nielsen Media Research.

Across all broadcast networks Thursday, Sen. McCain?s speech ended the night with a 4.8 rating/7 share, compared to Sen. Obama?s 4.3/7 average, according to overnight numbers from metered households in 55 U.S. markets measured by Nielsen. These ratings are preliminary, however, and are subject to change.

NBC?s coverage of Sen. McCain?s speech started directly at the tail end of the opening game of NFL season, with the speech pulling in a 6.3 rating/10 share, topping Sen. Obama?s speech last week by 26%. That lead-in may have boosted audiences who last night turned out in droves to watch Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin introduce herself to the country.

ABC?s showing of the McCain speech averaged a 4.5/7, down 2% from the same night of the Democratic convention last week, while CBS? coverage took in a 3.4/5, an increase of 3%.

Old people like McCain. Old people have nothing better to do than watch the RNC in it's entirety. They do not know about DVR's or YouTube. Personally I didn't even think about watching the DNC when it was on (even though, had I been home, I probably would have). I just fired it up on YouTube the next day.