McCain, if elected, has a 22% chance of not surviving

Oct 25, 2006
I really wonder how McCain feels about this. Not from a political perspective, but would you like it if people were calculating the chances of you living 4 more years, especialy a percentage of 20% chance of dying.

I'm a Obama supporter, and I recognize the entire "He's too old" perspective, but still, it just seems almost wrong to do this.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: FuzzyBee
Wow! This is the first time I've heard anything like this!

With all due respect to your finely honed sarcasm, I think this is the first time we've seen a statistical calculation performed by someone who was in a position to know. Which may be why it's made the headlines on Medpage? ;)

-Robert

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
I really wonder how McCain feels about this. Not from a political perspective, but would you like it if people were calculating the chances of you living 4 more years, especialy a percentage of 20% chance of dying.

I'm a Obama supporter, and I recognize the entire "He's too old" perspective, but still, it just seems almost wrong to do this.

Because of his selection of Palin, McCain's age and health are much more relevant. I don't think McCain is too old to be President, but he is too old to run for President AND have an idiot as his running mate. :)

I don't understand why discussing age might be distasteful for you. Can you explain?

-Robert

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
So if you vote for mccain you're saying you're ok with a 22% chance that Palin could be POTUS :)

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
Originally posted by: chess9

With all due respect to your finely honed sarcasm, I think this is the first time we've seen a statistical calculation performed by someone who was in a position to know. Which may be why it's made the headlines on Medpage? ;)

Those are numbers that, frankly, mean squat, considering they are based on assumptions, and a model.

Of course, the doctor's purpose was to push a political agenda. He admits that himself. Wouldn't you presume the Mayo Clinic would have a better idea of McCain's health than a doctor that has never seen him?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I am going to respond to this the same way the Obama team responds to any criticism.

Racist!!!

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008
One thing I'm going to say again, I was okay with MCCain winning, even though I supported Obama. When he picked Palin I was so furious (for dozens of reasons), he placed our national security at risk just to score some political points (which seems to have backfired, thank God). After that I became involved in the Obama campaign, and donated money and all that. That Palin better be nowhere close near the White House.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I am going to respond to this the same I respond to any criticism by blindly flailing away
Yep

Be fair Red, usually criticism of ProfJohn is met by complete silence as he vacates the thread to move on to his next intellectual abortion.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
how can you statistically calculate having immediate access to the best medical care in the world any time you sneeze?

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Can anyone calculate the chances of Obama being shot compared to a 100% white man being shot? What are the chances of it being a white man that does it? About about a black man that does it?

I'm not racist in the slightest, I'm just getting sick of this crap.

I also sincerely hope that if Obama becomes President that he does not have a serious threat on his life. I may disagree with him on 95% of the issues, but I have a great respect for the office and the man once he obtains that office.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I am going to respond to this the same I respond to any criticism by blindly flailing away
Yep

Be fair Red, usually criticism of ProfJohn is met by complete silence as he vacates the thread to move on to his next intellectual abortion.
Actually as much as I disagree with him he usually doesn't lower himself to this, he usually leaves it to others.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000

Those are numbers that, frankly, mean squat, considering they are based on assumptions, and a model.

Of course, the doctor's purpose was to push a political agenda. He admits that himself. Wouldn't you presume the Mayo Clinic would have a better idea of McCain's health than a doctor that has never seen him?

Oh, did the Mayo Clinic give McCain's chances of surviving his term? I must have missed it, but I'm so busy bashing McCain I don't have time to read anything pro-McCain. ;)

-Robert

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Because of his selection of Palin, McCain's age and health are much more relevant. I don't think McCain is too old to be President, but he is too old to run for President AND have an idiot as his running mate. :)

No candidate for President can be too old or too young to have an an idiot as a running mate. The Constitution stated that the Vice President's number one job is to be ready at any given moment to step into the office should the President become unable to continue.

Anything less than a Vice President who is fully qualifed to be President is an unacceptable risk for the nation. Palin is FAR less than qualified.

I am going to respond to this the same way the Obama team responds to any criticism.

Racist!!!

I am going to respond to this the same way I respond to most of your posts.

BULLSHIT!!!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Yeah well here is a stat you can think about tonight. Both have a 100% chance of fucking us in the ass.

351Cleveland

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Regardless of the candidate this kind of attack is aimed at, it is disgusting and despicable. The man had his arms pulled out fighting for our country and you guys use his health as a reason he shouldnt be president. Not that he is OWED the presidency, but this is just trashy.

There are so many other worthy reasons to pick on... it seems pretty low to pick on something like this. Then again this is Anandtech P&N... most people here are heartless assholes, so this is probably par for the course.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: 351Cleveland
Regardless of the candidate this kind of attack is aimed at, it is disgusting and despicable. The man had his arms pulled out fighting for our country and you guys use his health as a reason he shouldnt be president. Not that he is OWED the presidency, but this is just trashy.

There are so many other worthy reasons to pick on... it seems pretty low to pick on something like this. Then again this is Anandtech P&N... most people here are heartless assholes, so this is probably par for the course.
I think this had more to do with him picking Governor Bullwinkle for his running mate.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Seeing as how the office of the president seems to age people 10X the rate of the average person that doesn't look good.
I'm not voting McCain but I wouldn't have a problem with him being president, where as Palin becoming president by default scares the hell out of me.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Genx87

Yeah well here is a stat you can think about tonight. Both have a 100% chance of fucking us in the ass.

Got proof? Links and pics, please. :roll:

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Seeing as how the office of the president seems to age people 10X the rate of the average person that doesn't look good.
I'm not voting McCain but I wouldn't have a problem with him being president, where as Palin becoming president by default scares the hell out of me.

Yes, Bush looks like he's 90. I look younger than him.... ;)

-Robert

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Topic Title: McCain, if elected, has a 22% chance of not surviving

or 78% of having Hot Sara as President :heart: :p

Yeah, but Dave, she only does Missionary Position and McCain would have to be the missionary. ;)

-Robert