McCain DID IT! He really DID IT! He found a way!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Handouts and taxes. The great battle of class warfare.

Flat tax and no free money or handouts. Shanequa is just gonna have to quit fucking or raise those kids on her own.

Wouldnt that be nice?

Who is Shanequa? Is it your image of who is taking your money despite the fact that you've already shown that you have NO IDEA how much of your federal tax money goes to the poor "welfare queens."

There is most certainly class warfare and the RICH ARE WINNING. The whole Shanequa image that you desparately cling to was created by the elite to convince you that it's the poor that's screwing you. Nevermind where all the wealth in this country is actually going. BTW, it's going to the elite, not the poor.

Wouldn't it be nice if ignorant and sad little people actually started doing their own research and conducting independent analysis instead of parotting their disprovable beliefs?

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: techs
Why is it when Republcans cut taxes for the rich its for economic stimulus and when Democrats cut taxes for the middle class and poor its "class warfare"?
Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the "Democrats cut taxes for the middle class and poor"?

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: JS80
Do the lower 40% pay any tax?

Attitudes like yours are the main reason Obama is winning this election.

It wouldn't surprise me if the lower 40% pay a higher percentage of their income through sales tax and all the hidden taxes they pay. They definitely pay a higher percentage as compared to their discretionary income.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: nobodyknows

It wouldn't surprise me if the lower 40% pay a higher percentage of their income through sales tax and all the hidden taxes they pay. They definitely pay a higher percentage as compared to their discretionary income.
Is that OK with you; or, do you have a solution in mind? Would you prefer to exempt those 40% from ALL forms of taxations?

just curious...

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: palehorse
Originally posted by: nobodyknows

Is that OK with you; or, do you have a solution in mind? Would you prefer to exempt those 40% from ALL forms of taxations?

just curious...

It's a rather complicated issue, isn't it. My point is that some of the people making the big bucks need to do an ego check on themselves from time to time.

As far as taxation goes, I would support getting rid of as many of the hidden taxes as we can and have some kind of flat tax over "x" amount of income.

I would also like to see the percent of that flat tax coupled with some kind of a projected budget. The more we plan to spend that year, the higher the flat tax.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Lower the insanely high cell phone tax and gas gas and I will vote for whoever that propose that.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: BigDH01

Flat tax and no free money or handouts. Shanequa is just gonna have to quit fucking or raise those kids on her own.

Wouldnt that be nice?

Who is Shanequa? Is it your image of who is taking your money despite the fact that you've already shown that you have NO IDEA how much of your federal tax money goes to the poor "welfare queens."

There is most certainly class warfare and the RICH ARE WINNING. The whole Shanequa image that you desparately cling to was created by the elite to convince you that it's the poor that's screwing you. Nevermind where all the wealth in this country is actually going. BTW, it's going to the elite, not the poor.

Wouldn't it be nice if ignorant and sad little people actually started doing their own research and conducting independent analysis instead of parotting their disprovable beliefs?

I stated quite clearly we couldnt even agree on what is defined as welfare and handouts, which pretty much nullifies the rest of your drivel.

So, what I REALLY hear you saying is "blah blah blah you dont like my made up number for welfare blah blah blah"

Allow me to retort.

Blah blah BLAH blah, rawr grrr blah blah.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
I dont understand why people assume the rich are somehow stealing money from the poor, or robbing them of potential.

Wealth is NOT fixed people. Ted, John AND Shanequa can ALL go out and work from being dirt poor to fabulously rich. Thats the beauty of our current economic model. When the rich "horde money" they do NOT do so at the expense of the poor. Thats the major point the liberals seem to leave out when standing on their soapbox and trying to sell the lies about how the "rich be holdin a brutha back yo".

]No, brutha is just LAZY and wants his easy money.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
Originally posted by: BigDH01

Wouldnt that be nice?

I stated quite clearly we couldnt even agree on what is defined as welfare and handouts, which pretty much nullifies the rest of your drivel.

Drivel? You care to answer my question about Shanequa? Do you know this person or is this one of your stereotypes?

Welfare is pretty easy to define. Expenses are clearly reported by the federal government. You just don't like the fact that 50% of your taxes aren't going to the poor. You also conveniently ignore that the financial bailout makes the money spent on welfare rather small in comparison.

It is also patently clear that DoD, the GWoT, interest on debt, SS, and Medicare consume the majority of the federal budget. The vast majority. You just don't like this answer because it contrasts with your deeply held prejudices.

By the way,

So, what I REALLY hear you saying is "blah blah blah you dont like my made up number for welfare blah blah blah"

Allow me to retort.

Blah blah BLAH blah, rawr grrr blah blah.

My original question still stands: Wouldn't it be nice if ignorant and sad little people actually started doing their own research and conducting independent analysis instead of parotting their disprovable beliefs? Your retort is something I would expect to hear from a five-year-old in the face of a factual argument.