Mccain 81 rip

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Late to the thread, but RIP Senator John McCain and condolences to his friends and family.
I didn’t agree much with him politically, but always felt he actually believed in his choices. He seemed to be a fine man, and a brave one as well.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Nonsense. Trump has nothing to do with Russia. The only reason why he agreed with Putin is because Putin was right about everything he said. Agreeing with the better man is not treason.

McCain was bitter and angry his whole life because he was shot down in Vietnam. Shot down by a Russian made jet, which was supposed to be inferior to its American counterparts at the time. Angry and upset, because his view of America as being invincible and superior to the rest of the world was instantly shattered. If you noticed, most of his politics were aimed against Russia in one way or another. He didn't want to open his mind and extend the peace pipe. He wanted to fight.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...n-should-be-given-a-medal-say-Communists.html

The Russians would never back away from a fight, hence warmongering politics are flawed. Diplomacy is where McCain did not excel. Where did war hungry politics take US? It all resulted in Russians producing a hyper-sonic nuke and a nuclear torpedo. Is that a good result?

Even though I never liked the man, I do hope he rests in peace, and wish the best to his family.

Trump's mouth is Putin's cockholster.

him-i-bet-hes-thinking-of-other-world-leaders-him-27115610.png

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018
Ted Kennedy did the same thing. I don't live in Arizona so it's no skin off of my nose. But should it happen in my state I'll make the biggest stink about it I can. A Senator is one thing, there is still one left although each state elects two. If it's your Representative that decides to retain their position for months on end despite not being able to be present to truly represent the people of his or her district that's far bigger. You then have essentially no representation at all.

My statements were simple ones and easily comprehended. But when everything that happens locally, nationally and in the world has to do with Trump because no matter how hard you try you just can't get him out of your head well, that's your problem not mine.

You are angry every day and I am happy. You have made your choice as I have made mine. Thanks for the laugh this morning. You've made my day that much brighter.

Oh I'm a happy camper most of the time, I just can't stand it when traitors try to get one over on a dead patriot.

You are a disgrace to your country and a weakling for trying to play it off as something other than it is. It's just you showing your utmost disrespect in a thread that is named Mccain 81 rip.

That is all it is, you lowlife of a waste of flesh.

Reactions: Viper1j

Josephus312

Aug 10, 2018
Nonsense. Trump has nothing to do with Russia. The only reason why he agreed with Putin is because Putin was right about everything he said. Agreeing with the better man is not treason.

McCain was bitter and angry his whole life because he was shot down in Vietnam. Shot down by a Russian made jet, which was supposed to be inferior to its American counterparts at the time. Angry and upset, because his view of America as being invincible and superior to the rest of the world was instantly shattered. If you noticed, most of his politics were aimed against Russia in one way or another. He didn't want to open his mind and extend the peace pipe. He wanted to fight.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...n-should-be-given-a-medal-say-Communists.html

The Russians would never back away from a fight, hence warmongering politics are flawed. Diplomacy is where McCain did not excel. Where did war hungry politics take US? It all resulted in Russians producing a hyper-sonic nuke and a nuclear torpedo. Is that a good result?

Even though I never liked the man, I do hope he rests in peace, and wish the best to his family.

Digusting, but you ARE a Russian so obviously this is what you do.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Nonsense. Trump has nothing to do with Russia.

Forfeiting any credibility with the very first two sentences, well done sock puppet. *golf clap*

McCain was bitter and angry his whole life because he was shot down in Vietnam. Shot down by a Russian made jet, which was supposed to be inferior to its American counterparts at the time.

Steve Doocey is that you? Hahaha, MCain's Skyhawk was downed by a SAM. Funny how he forgave his captors huh? Yeah, quite the grudge holder. And just look at his rancor towards Obama! The mention of Putin has clearly triggered you, as it should I guess. Deep down even you sock puppets know Dump is screwed.

Of course you didn't like him. He was an honorable, albeit flawed man, who chose his country over party. That kind of integrity is anathema to your dishonest, cowardly kind.

Get better soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: Josephus312

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Nice to hear Joe's speech.

Yes, one of the best speeches he's done (a rather high bar) and a great, and very personal, eulogy as well.

Two points Biden made will probably be repeated a lot. First he talked about why there is such a strong national outpouring this week about McCain's passing. Biden's take was that McCain's belief in the US and our founding principles was so deep in his bedrock that he gave faith to the rest of us in the future continued strength of the American dream. Second was how both he and McCain were warned back in 1996 on the very same day that their sitting with and talking to each other "looked bad" and should be stopped.

I caught most of the AZ eulogy service-there were some really great and heartfelt speakers there. I suspect it will be rerun on CSPAN (or is on youtube) and I suggest others check it out.

Meanwhile McCain's body is being flown to Washington to lie in state in the Capitol. His Donaldship is of course heading out town to hold yet another reality show type rally.