MB that supports Conroe 6600 and Crossfire

kansaslawguy

Aug 24, 2006
I've only been able to find two motherboards that support the E6600 and Crossfire, and those two boards are the ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe, and the Intel BOXD975XBXLKR.

I can't seem to find the ASUS in stock anywhere (and I'm sort of afraid of the stupid BIOS issues on it which don't support Conroe anyway), and I'm not crazy about the Intel board. Can anyone recommend another motherboard that can handle the E6600 out of the box, supports crossfire, and supports DDR2 800?

Thanks!

Henny

Nov 22, 2001
Originally posted by: kansaslawguy
I've only been able to find two motherboards that support the E6600 and Crossfire, and those two boards are the ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe, and the Intel BOXD975XBXLKR.

I can't seem to find the ASUS in stock anywhere (and I'm sort of afraid of the stupid BIOS issues on it which don't support Conroe anyway), and I'm not crazy about the Intel board. Can anyone recommend another motherboard that can handle the E6600 out of the box, supports crossfire, and supports DDR2 800?

Thanks!

I'd wait it out for a P5W DH. The reason they're scarce is because ASUS is ensuring that channel inventory has the correct BIOS. (Asus has egg on their face over this fiasco.)

It really is a pretty good board. I have one and am very happy with it. (except for the $5 freight I paid Asus for a new BIOS!!)