Mayor Palin Left Town Saddled With Huge Debt

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
"More of the same."

I know Democrats were chanting that slogan alongside McCain's name last week, but it seems Palin fits right in as well. This "fiscal conservative" left her former small town of Wasilla with $20 million in debt to fund her hockey-mom pet project: an ice arena. Scarier still is that she used eminent domain to grab the land for the project from a private contractor, and the city later lost their eminent domain case in court.

Vetoing wind farms and clean coal? Tsk tsk.

We all know she's got a major ethics investigation underway because she abused her power to push her safety commissioner out of office. What people didn't know is that she's done it before, firing Wasilla's police chief and library director when she was mayor because they didn't support her re-election.

Even on simple things like "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, Palin proves herself to be an airhead:

Q: Are you offended by the phrase ?Under God? in the Pledge of Allegiance? Why or why not?

SP: Not on your life. If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I?ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.
Unfortunately Sarah, the founding fathers died almost two generations before Francis Bellamy wrote the Pledge in 1892, and "Under God" wasn't introduced until 1954. It's a grade school level response that illustrates her lack of knowledge of basic facts about our own country's history, but I think it just scratches the surface of how ignorant she is.

Corruption? She was heavily endorsed by Ted Stevens and Don Young, and she did support the bridge to nowhere before it became a political liability. But her corruption extends beyond that, blocking environmental protections for polar bears and salmon because it would endanger drilling and mining operations. We still haven't seen where the ticket stands on drilling in ANWR, since McCain opposes it but Palin supports it.

One nice thing about a delayed/shortened convention is less praise/celebration of Palin's coronation while the press gets more time to vet her.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
OMG, ANOTHER jpeyton hitpiece on Palin. Can we lump these all into one thread?

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Corbett

How about a whole new forum section dedicated to jpeyton?

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Awww, no talking point responses to these allegations? :(

I thought you guys had extra time on your hands with your big orgy in MN getting canceled.

Firebot

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Awww, no talking point responses to these allegations? :(

I thought you guys had extra time on your hands with your big orgy in MN getting canceled.

I love election years (seems like it's like that all the time in the US). As soon as someone becomes a candidate they suddenly become the most important person on Earth and a ton of dirt seems to pile up. Both Republicans and Democrats try to outdo each other never once listening to what a candidate may actually be saying. Black vs white, never any gray.

Both sides are hilarious. Politics lol.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: QED
In other news, here's a funny clip of a drunk Palin embarassing herself on stage...

lmfao, I hadn't seen that before. :thumbsup:

Jpeyton, keep us up to date on your RSS feeds from Digg.com, Salon.com, Democraticunderground.com, DailyKOS.com, Huffingtonpost.com, and Olbermann's show. This is some good stuff!

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: TechAZ
Jpeyton, keep us up to date...This is some good stuff!
You bet! :thumbsup:

From now until election day.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Small towns have bonds for projects like the ice hockey arena or roads... projects that need to be done for the community and such that they can't afford but will pay for itself over time.

Most people, and probably you, did not know about the "under God" quote on the money and who was responsible for it until you read that in one of your left wing blogs. You're really digging with that one. I love your partial news clip.

Attacking her for wanting to open ANWR will not be a good political move for you guys, about 50% of the country is for it. Also, I don't think it's going to be healthy to attack McCain for not picking someone that agrees with him 100% on every issue, considering how many issue Obama and Biden clash on.

jpeyton - shutup, you're annoying as hell.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
In other news, here's a funny clip of a drunk Palin embarassing herself on stage...

Jpeyton, keep us up to date on your RSS feeds from Digg.com, Salon.com, Democraticunderground.com, DailyKOS.com, Huffingtonpost.com, and Olbermann's show. This is some good stuff!

I've been drunk before. How do you know hes drunk?

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01

Congrats on your being drunk before! How do I know he's drunk, are you kidding me? If it was just audio and not video I would swear I was overhearing a conversation at a bar at closing time. I think I've given that same speech myself about a hundred times around 2am.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

Congrats on your being drunk before! How do I know he's drunk, are you kidding me? If it was just audio and not video I would swear I was overhearing a conversation at a bar at closing time. I think I've given that same speech myself about a hundred times around 2am.

I didn't know if there was real information that he was drunk besides speculation. Thats why I asked.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I didn't know if there was real information that he was drunk besides speculation. Thats why I asked.
And that's pretty much what TechAZ gave you: speculation.

edit: punctuation

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: CallMeJoe
And that's pretty much what TechAZ gave you: speculation.

edit: punctuation

Yes, I was not with him side by side. It is speculation, but really....he looked drunk as shit. I'm not attacking him or anything, actually thought it was pretty funny.

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

how much do you pay for this account mcowen?
So even when there are non-tabloid attacks at Palin's credibility, you guys defer and deflect?

I guess there isn't much to defend. She's a Republican through and through.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Corbett complaining about hit pieces? Jesus, next we will have Dave complaining about too many thread on oil prices :laugh:

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: RichardE

Corbett complaining about hit pieces? Jesus, next we will have Dave complaining about too many thread on oil prices :laugh:

Feel free to back that up anytime. Links to me posting hit pieces?

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

You know, now that I compare the style & even the phrases... Could it be?

jpeyton

Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Pliablemoose
Waiting for a denial here davepeyton
Thanks for the bump!

Got to keep this near the top.