Maybe the reason blacks act out negatively is because they were FORCED to come here.

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Proletariat
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
I was talking with a couple of black guys today at lunch and brought up the premise of this thread. They both looked at me seriously for a second, then looked at each other and started cracking up laughing.

-----

Black Guy 1: Is this internet forum mostly white boys?

Me: Yeah, mostly.

Black Guy 1: Why do white boys talk about such stupid sh!t?

Black Guy 2: (Looks at black guy 1) You want to go back to Africa?

Black Guy 1: Hell no!

Black Guy 2: Me neither.

Black Guy 1: Besides that, I bet it's tough finding a good rib or chicken place in Africa. (winks)

Both crack up laughing again.

-----

I got the impression we white boys take this issue far more seriously than some black people do or would.
I don't believe you. At all. You are just not an open-minded guy and I can't see many minorities hanging around you.
Coming from a member of a group that generalizes their political opposition as knuckle-dragging neanderthals walking in lock-step with edicts from George Bush, your sentiment is meaningless.

I'm willing to bet I'm far more open-minded than you, particularly considering your penchant for sneering at the Chinese. In fact, about the only people I don't get along with in this world are those of the fringe left, usually because I find them to be unhappy, spiteful, and pessimistic people who pretend to have depth of character but are usually about as deep as a 10 dollar kiddy pool.

But maybe, just maybe they don't want to talk about stuff like that all of a sudden. Its pretty tactless to bring that up over lunch. So it could have just been awkward and they brushed it off for not wanting to get into such a serious discussion over lunch.
Maybe, just maybe, I know these guys well enough (and I do) and they are comfortable enough with me (and they are) to discuss racism and the related issues openly with them, as we have in the past as well.

But way to keep an open mind to that possibility. :roll:

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
My grandfather was a shopkeeper in Poland. In was imprisoned by the Germans and eventually escaped to the US. He had health problems due to the conditions/malnutrition and he had a doctor help him exacerbate the symptoms so they would release him. He came all the way to the US to work in factories for 40 years. Hardly an idyllic situation, but he made the best of it. There are enough genuine victims in the world. Don't choose to be one!

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I got the impression we white boys take this issue far more seriously than some black people do or would.

That and it's tiresome to hear white people that think they know black people.

earthman

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
I think what really makes them act out is stupid-ass white people discussing "black issues".

I'm not trying to make excuses for why someone would steal and murder but there has to be some correlation between the two.

And of course no other ethnic/cultural group steals and murders? Isn't slavery theft and murder? Why do white people steal and murder other people? What's the correlation there?

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: TheSlamma

That and it's tiresome to hear white people that think they know black people.

Don't quote me as saying that pls. I never said that, TLC did.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
I was talking with a couple of black guys today at lunch and brought up the premise of this thread. They both looked at me seriously for a second, then looked at each other and started cracking up laughing.

-----

Black Guy 1: Besides that, I bet it's tough finding a good rib or chicken place in Africa. (winks)

-----

I don't believe you. At all. You are just not an open-minded guy and I can't see many minorities hanging around you.
Coming from a member of a group that generalizes their political opposition as knuckle-dragging neanderthals walking in lock-step with edicts from George Bush, your sentiment is meaningless.

I'm willing to bet I'm far more open-minded than you, particularly considering your penchant for sneering at the Chinese. In fact, about the only people I don't get along with in this world are those of the fringe left, usually because I find them to be unhappy, spiteful, and pessimistic people who pretend to have depth of character but are usually about as deep as a 10 dollar kiddy pool.

But maybe, just maybe they don't want to talk about stuff like that all of a sudden. Its pretty tactless to bring that up over lunch. So it could have just been awkward and they brushed it off for not wanting to get into such a serious discussion over lunch.
Maybe, just maybe, I know these guys well enough (and I do) and they are comfortable enough with me (and they are) to discuss racism and the related issues openly with them, as we have in the past as well.

I think I've given you a good amount of respect compared to other liberals here. And ouch -

In fact, about the only people I don't get along with in this world are those of the fringe left, usually because I find them to be unhappy, spiteful, and pessimistic people who pretend to have depth of character but are usually about as deep as a 10 dollar kiddy pool.

That was a real personal attack, was that really necessary?

As for China, I've never said anything against the Chinese people, just their government. So please don't question my tolerance. If you somehow find China an appealing ally I worry about your sanity as an American.

Now about your friends... I don't know. A lot of times you come off as a real asshole here. Theres also a fact that a lot of blacks.. in the south especially give into the media and whats pushed on them and develop an inferiority complex. Maybe thats the people who you choose to hang out with. *shrug* who knows. Why don't you give us their opinion of why blacks 'act out negatively'? I'd be interested.

beyoku

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003

-----

-----

I think I've given you a good amount of respect compared to other liberals here. And ouch -

In fact, about the only people I don't get along with in this world are those of the fringe left, usually because I find them to be unhappy, spiteful, and pessimistic people who pretend to have depth of character but are usually about as deep as a 10 dollar kiddy pool.

That was a real personal attack, was that really necessary?

As for China, I've never said anything against the Chinese people, just their government. So please don't question my tolerance. If you somehow find China an appealing ally I worry about your sanity as an American.

Now about your friends... I don't know. A lot of times you come off as a real asshole here. Theres also a fact that a lot of blacks.. in the south especially give into the media and whats pushed on them and develop an inferiority complex. Maybe thats the people who you choose to hang out with. *shrug* who knows. Why don't you give us their opinion of why blacks 'act out negatively'? I'd be interested.

He, umm, China is the shiit for real. Please dont talk about china,.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Bumrush99
Listen, I support civil rights and equal rights for all minorities, but in retrospect, the lives of African Americans in the US are far superior to what they would have faced back in Africa. Most of central Africa is cestpool of starvation, disease and authoritarian rule. They should be counting their blessings that they live in a country as great as the USA.
The worst living conditions in the US are better than the best living conditions in some of these countries.
The problem in the black community can be traced back to culture, a culture of negativity and hip hop, a culture that demeans women and doesn't respect marriage by having a majority of their children growing up that were born out of wedlock. Education is the key to fixing these problems.

You know whats funny?

Why is Africa like it is today?

The EVAL white man.

So either way they're fvcked. Is this really so hard to get?

Go read up on King Leopold or something.

I think the only way whites will get what it is to be oppressed is if they are. And if China gets their way that won't be too far away.

Actually Africa as a whole was doing pretty well until they got full independence and home rule. The continent has gone to ell in a handbasket since then. Just the facts.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Originally posted by: SagaLore
I'm Native American, and I'm not an alcoholic or diabetic. :confused:

That's interesting. I know of 3 AIs here, and 2 of them seem to be relatively right wing. Is this just a coincidence? Or are AIs generally conservative?

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Condor
Listen, I support civil rights and equal rights for all minorities, but in retrospect, the lives of African Americans in the US are far superior to what they would have faced back in Africa. Most of central Africa is cestpool of starvation, disease and authoritarian rule. They should be counting their blessings that they live in a country as great as the USA.
The worst living conditions in the US are better than the best living conditions in some of these countries.
The problem in the black community can be traced back to culture, a culture of negativity and hip hop, a culture that demeans women and doesn't respect marriage by having a majority of their children growing up that were born out of wedlock. Education is the key to fixing these problems.

You know whats funny?

The EVAL white man.

I think the only way whites will get what it is to be oppressed is if they are. And if China gets their way that won't be too far away.

Actually Africa as a whole was doing pretty well until they got full independence and home rule. The continent has gone to ell in a handbasket since then. Just the facts.
Ah so you suggest Imperialism :)

You do realize that you have a big case of foot in mouth disease eh Condy?

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: kogase

That's interesting. I know of 3 AIs here, and 2 of them seem to be relatively right wing. Is this just a coincidence? Or are AIs generally conservative?

I've noticed a lot of peeps who say they are "Native American" are really a fraction Native American and like to use that as leverage in pushing their views forward. This is just IRL though.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
Cliff notes: Black Guy 1: (to chicken) Why do white boys talk about such stupid sh!t?
[curtain closes]

and what is new?

Aren't you the "crackerjack" (as you like to say) that said that minorities only get to where they are because the "white man" allows them to?

Ever see any black republicans in high office that werent apointees?

Yeah, Career Ambassadors. Roger Dwayne Pierce is one that comes immediately to mind. Dozens more. Lots of Senior Foreign Service people are black and worked their way up. Lucille Thomas is one who was a Harvard grad, retired now. Vandoster Tabb, now retired. I can think of several more that I worked with, but don't remember whole names on the spur of the moment.

Two ways to get to the top in governmant service are through the career ladder and by appointment. Appointees are generally political. Must be why they are called political appointees, y'think? Political appointees are generally of the same party as the current President. Do a little actual research and a timeline vased on administrations and you will find this to be historically true. Career government managers (they like the term leaders) are promoted on merit, not political party. Argue this and I will drown you in links!

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
4 senators or so? is that what you are linking me too...pitiful..

the virgin islands..you do know there really isnt any other choice lol

I said high offices not the house..

Do you have any idea of the structure of government? How it works?

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Cliff notes: Black Guy 1: (to chicken) Why do white boys talk about such stupid sh!t?
[curtain closes]

and what is new? I have wondered that about you for over a year now :laugh:
Yet you continually show up here to do so as well... :confused:

Maybe your previous also post applies to you:

lemme guess, your down huh? your a homeboy...your tight with them..
Why are your opinions on race-relations somehow infinitely more relevant than those of other caucasian males?

Reflection of his social circles? You gotta cross stratas in our society or you get sort of narrowly focused.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004

You know whats funny?

The EVAL white man.

Ah so you suggest Imperialism :)

You do realize that you have a big case of foot in mouth disease eh Condy?

Yeah maybe, but I'm not afflected by that lacking of brain in head. Reality is reality and history is history. Pay attention to the one and study the other.

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: kogase

If you ask me, yes alot of AIs are conservative. Maybe not int the rabid neocon manner, but it's fairly common for them to speak for traditional values. This is a large group of people we are speaking of and there are bound to be differant opinions. Me, I am a social libetarian, which a lot of my friends call a modern tribalist (not the weird peircings and pain people).

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I've noticed a lot of peeps who say they are "Native American" are really a fraction Native American and like to use that as leverage in pushing their views forward. This is just IRL though.

At what percentage would you like to declassify the "Native American"

Do "Blacks" that can not directly trace their lineage back to Africa count as blacks?
What about those that have ancestors who may have had some breeding genes that are not from Africa, but form other areas that have the same characteristics?

judasmachine

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

Do "Blacks" that can not directly trace their lineage back to Africa count as blacks?
What about those that have ancestors who may have had some breeding genes that are not from Africa, but form other areas that have the same characteristics?

Hell I'm just half Oglala if you want to get technical (and some Blackfoot), and even have a black great grandmother somewhere on my mother's side. This doesn't change the fact that one of my uncles was arrested because of the whole Leonard Pelteir affair, and my great great grandfather was this man: Tasunka Kokipapi

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004

Reflection of his social circles? You gotta cross stratas in our society or you get sort of narrowly focused.

This is coming from a 60 year old republican from bumfvck alabama and a spoon-fed suburban kid from texas. You people are a laugh riot. I am sure I have many friends who you wouldn't even know what "label" to lay on them. :laugh: :laugh:

Keep believing that a nightclub promoter, musician, and former traveller is isolated, hmmm I will make sure to tell our 8 friends flying in tommorrow from germany, to stay with us that too.

I am sure we will get onto the subject of how america got to be known as a bunch of knuckle dragging morans. I think I know a perfect example of who these freaks are in the heartland causing us so much grief with their ignorance.

I already had to explain to them we are in a "cultural safe zone" from people like you all. (thats SAD!)

As far as the african-american thing, when we look for apt's we look for places isolated from white folk, the deeper into the ghetto, the better. And I have lived in neighborhoods like that since I was 15, (In 25+ different cities) I know my neighbors well, and stand with them in our diversity, not you.

You people out their in the 'burbs and 'sticks are so far off the mark about the ingrained racism is in this country its sad, it shows in threads like this.
After all these people been through it's the same sh1t, and you wonder why they riot and burn down the corrupt system when they get the chance.

Proletariat

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

The Hopi believe that a "Blue Star" will come forth and eliminate our civilization.

At what point do I desclassify the "Native American"? Its hard to tell since they are largely eliminated and alcohol prone. There are no true Native Americans left. I have met a few and they - for the most part live a life which is not what I would say... ideal. But there are many white folk who are quick to take the claim of being one in order to push their views forward and make them legit.

What treaty that whites have kept has the red man broken? Not one. What treaty that the white ever made with us have they kept? Not one. When I was a boy the Sioux owned the world; the sun rose and set on their land; they sent ten thousand men to battle. Where are the warriors today? Who slew them? Where are our lands? Who owns them now?

- Sitting Bull (Lakota)

I have no idea what you are talking about with 'breeding genes' if you care to elaborate please do.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004

This is coming from a 60 year old republican from bumfvck alabama and a spoon-fed suburban kid from texas. You people are a laugh riot. I am sure I have many friends who you wouldn't even know what "label" to lay on them. :laugh: :laugh:

Keep believing that a nightclub promoter, musician, and former traveller is isolated, hmmm I will make sure to tell our 8 friends flying in from germany, to stay with us that too.

I am sure we will get onto the subject of how america got to be known as a bunch of knuckle dragging morans. I think I know a perfect example of who these freaks are in the heartland causing us so much grief with their ignorance.

I already had to explain to them we are in a "safe zone" from people like you all. (thats SAD!)

As far as the african-american thing, when we look for apt's we look for places isolated from white folk, the deeper into the ghetto, the better. And I have lived in neighborhoods like that since I was 15, (In 25+ different cities) I know my neighbors well, and stand with them, not you.

Don't forget the retired Foreign Service with six expired Diplomatic passports with better than 200 visa stamps part of the 60 year old republican from bumfvck alabama description. And you think you've traveled! You can't even define the term.

I, too, could have retired to or chosen to work where you are. The fact that I didn't certainly speaks volumes.

I spent today helping a retired guy from Manhatten who was friends with Papa Doc and owned several businesses in Haiti and in NYC. I was helping him wire the furniture factory he is building because he likes to work with his hands. He retired to Alabama and Florida and expressed no desire to return to your area. When I told him I debated on line with someone from his area, I asked him why he left such a paradise. Apparently, attitudes are one of the reasons he left. Having spent some time there, (schools in the high rise in Madison Square Garden) I understand that. I am from the Gulf coast (Mobile) and have been glad five times in fifteen months that I didn't retire there either.

Aren't Germans known for the percentage of skinheads they harbor? Those the ones you are hosting?