Maybe it's the Alcohol talking but........................

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
What's the deal with dreams that you are in high school and you either can't find your class, you can't remember your locker combination, or you are in your underwear?

Seriously. The government should research this.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I had a dream hippies assaulted my house, and I had to execute them all with flying ninjas--and the scene of chase took place in my school...but it was a much taller, darker version.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: TehMac
I had a dream hippies assaulted my house, and I had to execute them all with flying ninjas--and the scene of chase took place in my school...but it was a much taller, darker version.

Dude, that really happened. Where do you think you got that scar?

MyThirdEye

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I've been having really weird dreams lately. For instance, my 'success' was on a train, and i had to get on the train; but when I would run to catch it, my feet wouldn't move to their full capability. Thus, I became a mooch the rest of my life.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: amjohns5
I've been having really weird dreams lately. For instance, my 'success' was on a train, and i had to get on the train; but when I would run to catch it, my feet wouldn't move to their full capability. Thus, I became a mooch the rest of my life.

I have trains in my dreams too. One of my reoccuring themes.

I've never had an underwear-while-in-class dream, though.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
I had a dream that bears ransacked our house, killed my family, and I was the only one left alive and they were awaiting me outside my house in the boulevard. I live in northwest Ohio - bear-free living in the city. :p
i had that one in 7th grade. The first couple months of 7th grade I had the scariest and most vivid dreams/nightmares of my life.

One I thought a opossum had chewed through my sisters window screen in the summer, and that she came and woke me up about it. The dream continued, and I ended up thinking the opossum found its way into my room and onto my bed, but at this point I woke up, not realizing it was a dream. I covered my head, and then decided it was time to get out of bed and.. get help? So I kicked the covers so that I could send the damned thing flying and have time to escape, checked my sisters room, she was asleep. Now I'm confused. Then I go into my parents room (I remember calling for help in the dream), and they were sleeping. No response to my calls for help? hmmm
I go back to my sisters room, and see that the screen is nice and unchewed. Still a little cautious, I go back into my room, cover up, and try and sleep. Frightful. lol

then there's the time there were noises in my closet, and I was freaking out. This was only a year or so ago. I pass it off, get very little sleep, and when I wake up, I find a damned bat hanging from my speaker wire! damn thing came through a hole in my closet (dry hall collapsed apparently).

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Probably because high school is one of the periods of your life where you feel most vulnerable, hence the stress imprint is long lasting.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
I've been having really weird dreams lately... like the one where I fell out of a plane, and landed on a mountain of mattresses filled with ice cream. Then a giant gum drop landed on me and I woke up on the floor with my head against one of the electrical plugs... fricken bed.... :(

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: potato28
I've been having really weird dreams lately... like the one where I fell out of a plane, and landed on a mountain of mattresses filled with ice cream. Then a giant gum drop landed on me and I woke up on the floor with my head against one of the electrical plugs... fricken bed.... :(

So dreams are an outlet for you?

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
Probably because high school is one of the periods of your life where you feel most vulnerable, hence the stress imprint is long lasting.

Sounds reasonable, but another question... why do dreams often seek to put us in peril or stress us out?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: mobobuff

Sounds reasonable, but another question... why do dreams often seek to put us in peril or stress us out?

Read the Screwtape Letters. C.S. Lewis knew the truth.

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: mobobuff

You could probably devote an entire life time to trying to answer that. In fact I'm pretty sure some people have.

I don't have an answer, but the answer may be that there is no reason. Dreams simply reflect what you were thinking about subconsciously while awake, and that's what you see when you close your eyes. There's a theory I'll just throw out there, not going to stand by very seriously though.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Originally posted by: ironwing

Wow, that's horrible. You couldn't resist, could you?

:p

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Dirigible

I know, I should be grounded.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006

That actually made me laugh out loud in spite of myself.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004

Hoo-hooo! *slaps his knee*

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I'd always used to have dreams that it was first day of class and I couldn't find my classes.

Oh yeah, along with the occasional one where I'd look down and I was naked in class :eek:

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Squisher
I'd always used to have dreams that it was first day of class and I couldn't find my classes.

Oh yeah, along with the occasional one where I'd look down and I was naked in class :eek:

i think those very common and re-occurring dreams (for society in general) could be linked to anxiety and stress. hell, that's probably been researched and factually linked by now.

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Squisher

Whenever one of those dreams come about & I try to take control, whatever is responsible kills the connection.

I never get to hump anybody! :|

Women don't blue-ball me, I blue-ball myself. :(

Tiamat

Lifer
Nov 25, 2003
Originally posted by: Jhill
What's the deal with dreams that you are in high school and you either can't find your class, you can't remember your locker combination, or you are in your underwear?

Seriously. The government should research this.

Those dreams mean your self-esteem/self-confidence was low.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Way back when I was in college I had a dream that I couldn't find the room my final was in. I needed to do pretty well on the final to pass the class 'cause I hadn't exactly handed in all my homework assignments. But I didn't know where the final was, since I'd skipped out on a month or two of classes and missed out on the all the announcements. Time was steadily passing as I frantically ran through the buildings, each minute a minute less I had to work on the test.

Well, that actually wasn't a dream. Retaking that class sucked.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000
I've had a very infrequent reoccurring dream where I've come back to high school, and while I can remember my locker combination, I can't remember which number it is, just the general vicinity. I manage to find it eventually, but only by looking for the only one that isn't being used by other kids. By the time I manage to get my things out of the locker, the halls are empty. At this time I realize that I can't remember my class schedule, so I make my way to the administration office, only to find it locked. From there I wander aimlessly through the school.

The part above is pretty much identical each time. The odd part is the "ending" to this dream is different every time. Like I'll think I've found the class I need to get to, and I sit down at a desk in the classroom, only to realize that it's the wrong class, except that nobody notices except me. Or I'll somehow make it out to the school parking lot, find my car, and drive who knows where.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I can never remember the combinations to locks in my dreams, but it doesn't really matter because I can jump REALLY high. :p