Maybe it’s really time to deploy the Sargent at Arms

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I do not. And I would abolish laws that require their use.
And if you die in a car accident that's on you. However, you failing to wear a mask threatens the lives of EVERYONE you come in contact with. Ok with that? Is that being a responsible citizen?

Do you care?

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
If you really think about it they are enabling their so called so china virus or kung flu to win. They are willing to sacrifice americans lives and the long term health of those that get sick and survive. They are also willing to sacrifice their own and others livelihoods. I mean, if they really want their side to win you would think they would be taking steps to help the economy. All that adds up to a real FYGM burn it all down mentality. "Look at me, I'm rebelling. I ain't wearing no stinking mask. I am free". Nevermind the fact that I'm being a hypocrit and destroying everything I claim to believe so deeply in.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So long as people can find sufficient external support for their emotional reasoning, they can successfully operate under the delusion that they are engaging in logical reasoning instead. There is much power in recognizing that successfully warding off the terror that you are wrong confers no affirmation that you are right. Of course, it is much easier to see that in others, perhaps because doing so also aids in avoiding the terror of looking in the mirror.

I often wonder what the world would be like if we didn't conclude that logical reasoning is good and emotional reasoning is bad.

What kind of emotion are you talking about? The emotion behind "Fuck you, Libtard!" or the emotion behind "What if that were me?"