• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Mayan Prophecy 2012 - Russia to defend Iran?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Does it matter ?

The whole discussion is rubbish , anyway...:biggrin:
That is because you have nothing worthwhile to contribute?

We've grossly mishandled Russian relations.

We should cut a deal with them, no eastern Euro missile shield in exchange for a nuclear freeze in the Middle East. No weapon developments, closely monitored and controlled energy use. We refine the materials they are allowed to use.

The real question that isn't given a straight answer, is just what sort of nuclear proliferation Russia wants to allow in the world? Is there any limit or end to it, or shall they try to assert arming every nation?

What are they willing to allow?
What are we willing to allow?

How do we bridge the difference? How do we get them to say yes to us and no to Iran?

Vladimir Putin once was a stable political force in Russia. Now he is a defacto dictator who will not relinquish power. Its hard to make a deal with a man like that.

Until December 2012 has passed, all bets are off. When the final days approach, I wonder what will be going on in November. Will Obama start a war to save his presidency? Will the dictator of Russia flex his muscles leading to a standoff?

The key component is Isreal who I think will strike eventually, requiring us to come to their aid should Russia decide to launch strikes against Tel Aviv in response. D:

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Vladimir Putin once was a stable political force in Russia. Now he is a defacto dictator who will not relinquish power. Its hard to make a deal with a man like that.

Until December 2012 has passed, all bets are off. When the final days approach, I wonder what will be going on in November. Will Obama start a war to save his presidency? Will the dictator of Russia flex his muscles leading to a standoff?

The key component is Isreal who I think will strike eventually, requiring us to come to their aid should Russia decide to launch strikes against Tel Aviv in response.

ASK THE COMMUNITY