Maxim article on Saddam's two sons -- Anyone read it?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Did anyone read the article Maxim published on Saddam's two sons? In it it described incidents where one of his sons found a really pretty woman. He thought she was pretty so he raped her, kept her prisoner etc etc.

Just wondering if anyone remembers this article. It was a while ago.

WheelsCSM

Aug 18, 2001
Yes, I read it and I remember it, it was very appaling how two people could be so powerful. I don't exactly consider Maxim to be a reliable news source, but even if half of it is true, I would still be shocked at how they act over there.

BunLengthHotDog

Feb 21, 2003
Yes, I remember the article...in fact I think she was a newlywed, and he raped her anyway. Her husband then objected to said rape and was executed.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BunLengthHotDog
Yes, I remember the article...in fact I think she was a newlywed, and he raped her anyway. Her husband then objected to said rape and was executed.

Damn I hope we catch them alive if we haven't already killed them!

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Hell Muhammed typically killed his enemies than married their wives, when he was not marrying minors and inlaws, this goes back to the beginnings of Islam.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Hell Muhammed typically killed his enemies than married their wives, when he was not marrying minors and inlaws, this goes back to the beginnings of Islam.

Its encouraging to know that the sickest/most deadly people had their genes distributed more widely then the sane people
rolleye.gif

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare

rolleye.gif

BunLengthHotDog

Feb 21, 2003

Not sure if this is bait or not, but I'll bite....YOUR AN ASS

BunLengthHotDog

Feb 21, 2003
He's an ass for saying that Saddam and his 2 sons are represetatives of Islam...they are not fundementalists who do these things in the name of religion, they simply do them because they are animals.

His statement is a direct insult to Islam as a whole, not a statement of "history"

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BunLengthHotDog
He's an ass for saying that Saddam and his 2 sons are represetatives of Islam...they are not fundementalists who do these things in the name of religion, they simply do them because they are animals.

His statement is a direct insult to Islam as a whole, not a statement of "history"

I didn't notice the word Saddam in his post. In fact he was refering to the founder of Islam. Care to correct your remark?

BunLengthHotDog

Feb 21, 2003
This post is about Saddam's 2 sons, an article about Uday raping a women, and then executing her husband for complaining.

Nitemare was comparing those acts to Muhammeds, linking Saddams sons directly to Islam...While they are islamic, its foolish to think that Islam stands for such acts.

No correction is needed.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Actually, I think he linked Muhammed to the beginnings of Islam - Islam to Middle Eastern DICTATORS - to Saddam ---> and to Muhammed being a warrior.. or something like that

BunLengthHotDog

Feb 21, 2003
Until Nitemare explains what his post meant, I stand by my assertion that the statement is bigoted BS. Islam, no matter who founded it....does not stand for raping women.

If he meant something else, then I will retract my statement.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Don't you people pay attention to what has been going on?

Saddam's sons are worse than him. Some people say that rape is a hobby for Saddam's oldest son Uday. He beats them and sometimes they are killed afterwards as well. He also once formed a militia and beheaded about 50 women.

Hell don't take my word for how bad that oldest son is, read about torture of athletes here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_online/news/2003/03/24/son_of_saddam/

"I was tortured four times after matches. One time, after a friendly [match] against Jordan in Amman that we lost 2-0, Uday had me and three teammates taken to the prison. When we arrived, they took off our shirts, tied our feet together and pulled our knees over a bar as we lay on our backs. Then they dragged us over pavement and concrete, pulling the skin off our backs. Then they pulled us through a sandpit to get sand in our backs. Finally, they made us climb a ladder and jump into a vat of raw sewage. They wanted to get our wounds infected. The next day, and for every day we were there, they beat our feet. My punishment, because I was a star player, was 20 [lashings] per day. I asked the guard how he could ever forgive himself. He laughed and told me if he didn't do this, Uday would do it to him. Uday made us athletes an example. He believed that if people saw he was not afraid to beat a hero, that they would live in greater fear."

women's rights here:

http://www.ifeminists.net/introduction/editorials/2003/0211.html

Amnesty International has documented the brutal executions of Iraqi women accused of prostitution. For example, Najat Mohammad Haydar, an obstetrician in Baghdad, was beheaded in October 2000 after criticizing corruption within local health services. According to another report, in October 2000 "a group of men led by Saddam Hussein's son Uday, beheaded with knives 50 young women in Baghdad. The heads of these women were hung on the doors of their houses for a few days."

more evidence:

http://www.freedomhouse.org/research/freeworld/2002/countryratings/iraq2.htm

In August 2001, Amnesty International published a report entitled "Iraq: Systematic Torture of Political Prisoners," which details abuses against suspected dissidents, including electric shock, extraction of fingernails or toenails, severe beatings, rape or threats of rape, and mock execution. An Amnesty International press release in April 2001 said that hundreds of political prisoners and detainees are executed in Iraq every year. Dozens of women accused of prostitution were beheaded in front of their homes in October 2000 by a militia created by Uday Hussein, according to the statement.

I could go on, but that should be enough to make most people sick.