Max Payne 3 + GTA IV Complete $24.99 Amazon Gold Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Wow, interesting. I have no interest in GTAIV, but that price on MP3 is still the best so far. It was $30 during the summer steam sale.

So consider it $25 for MP3, GTAIV for free. Great deal.

paq7512

Jul 27, 2007
Ricochet: I just purchased through Amazon and successfully activated both games on Steam.

Raider1284

Aug 17, 2006
Killer, killer deal. As Craig mentioned, just make sure you choose the correct edition for what you want. Both deals appear to be the same price.

DeadFred

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2011
Wow, interesting. I have no interest in GTAIV, but that price on MP3 is still the best so far. It was $30 during the summer steam sale.

So consider it $25 for MP3, GTAIV for free. Great deal.
Yeah its a great deal, especially if you havent played either game, but I finished GTA4 and the Liberty City content ages ago.

Ive played the earlier Max Paynes and would like to play this one too, but since BF3's Armored Kill is about to drop I think Ill hold off for now. By the time I have time to play it hopefully it will be even cheaper.

PS- Anyone know if Games for Windows is required for the Steam version of GTA4? And does MP3 also use/require GFWL? I remember it being a real PITA back when GTA4 first released.

Last edited:

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Downloading on steam now. As a reminder, even just downloading 25GB (Max Payne) hogs up a 16Mbs cable connection for an entire evening...I ain't playing this 'til tomorrow, I'm afraid...

It's funny...Sony just announced it's shutting down its DVD drive business because so much of the market is going to online distribution, but I continue to think we're a really long way off in terms of the affordable bandwidth needed to make this appealing to the average computer user with their cheap cable/DSL connection.

EDIT
FYI: upon completing the Steam download and running the game, I got this error: http://support.rockstargames.com/en...ui-failed-to-initialize-in-max-payne-3-for-pc

Haven't had a chance to try the fix, but I thought people would want to know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.