Mattress Help

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
I recently bought a Sealy Queen mattress set to replace an aging Twin set that I have had for years. I had to pickup the set Saturday and it was Sunday before I could get it setup (I live outside the stores area so I had to pick it up.)

Anyway I didn't want to spend a lot so I saw a set on sale for $299. It was a store opening sale and it was priced at $899 before the sale (thats the price they are now since the sale is over.) The set was advertised as a Plush set, and it seemed ok in the store.

Well a few days passed and I finally got a truck so I could go pick it up. When I got it home and setup I noticed it felt a little firm compared to the one in the store. At first I thought maybe it was the wrong set, but everything was the same as the one in store. However I did notice on the invoice I got that it was listed as a Sealy Queen Cushion Firm.

Anyway I made it up and spent about an hour on it last night before I moved into the guest room to sleep on the daybed thats back there. The mattress made my back a little sore and I just couldn't get any rest on it.

The store is closed today for Labor Day, but I left them a message. Not sure what to do right now with what I have. I think they messed up on their ad saying it was a plush, although I'm not sure. The mattress looks identical to the one I saw in store though.

Since it was a sale item and I don't live in their area I'm not sure they will come out and get the mattress or even refund the money so I can buy something else. My parents said that when you open the mattress your pretty much stuck with it. Hopefully this isn't true, because its only been used for about an hour.

So if I do get stuck with it is there a big difference between a Plush and a Cushion Firm? Will the mattress eventually get softer with more use? Is there anything I can do to help? Mattress pads, etc...

Its been about 15 years since I had a new mattress so maybe thats the reason it feels so hard, since I have been sleeping on something that was worn out. Who knows...