Matt Lauer Fired for Sex...

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hey guys.... That male sex out there....
They're a commin after us.
They want your pecker. And its THEM vs the pecker.
Men's private parts are all ups for grabs. The women are mad as hell.
And... THEY MEAN BUSINESS!!!!
The willie, the penis, the dong, the slippery snake is about to become an extinct animal.
Caged away like a rabid rat.
The way I see it, somewhere in some hidden away undisclosed dark room all the women got together and 1st, signed some lesbian pledge.
Then second, they declared all out war on the penis.

We're ALL in the cross hairs. All of us.
What they want is to round up the men, lock us away in cages, toss away the key, and then use men for breading purposes only.
And when I say breading purposes I meant vats, tubes, machines, storage bins, not exactly the fun way fellas....

They've simply had enough of sexual harassment, guys.
Had enough of the demeaning sexual comments, enough of that male superiority, had enough of us whiney little male bitches always getting our way.
The women have simply had enough, and now... its payback time.

Yesterday it was the entertainment business, today the male politician, and tomorrow the medical profession.
Why the doctors?
Because every woman out there knows all too well what that doctor was really thinking during those in-office examinations.

Its Christmas past 2017. Its haunting time.
And the ghosts of sexual harassment past have come a calling for YOU.
At 12am... Gloria Steinem.
At 1Am... Shirley Chisholm.
And at 2am last but not least and your worst nightmare... Hilary Rodham Clinton itself.
You will recognize Hilary right away. She will be laughing wildly and waving around hubby Bill Clinton's pecker full ablaze of fire.
Red hot, glowing, nicely severed off, an dissembled pecker in hand fully ablaze.

Scared guys?
Be scared. Be very scared.
Run away like hell for your peckers sake because... the bell tolls for YOU!
Merry Christmas men. This just might be your last.
Signed, Matt Lauer. The extinct male. :D

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
The willie, the penis, the dong, the slippery snake is about to become an extinct animal.
The way I see it, somewhere in some hidden away undisclosed dark room all the women got together and 1st, signed some lesbian pledge.

What they want is to round up the men, lock us away in cages, toss away the key, and then use us for breading purposes only.
And when I say breading purposes I meant vats, tubes, machines, storage bins, not exactly the fun way fellas....

Had enough of the demeaning sexual comments, enough of that male superiority, had enough of us whiney little male bitches In general.

Yesterday it was the entertainment business, today the male politician, and tomorrow the medical profession.
Why doctors?
Because every woman out there knows all too well what that doctor was really thinking during all of those in-office examinations.

And at 2am last but not least and your worst nightmare... Hilary Rodham Clinton itself.
You will recognize Hilary right away. She will be laughing wildly and waving around hubby Bill Clinton's pecker full ablaze of fire.
Red hot, glowing, nicely severed off, an dissembled pecker ablaze.

Scared guys?
Ok. lol

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
This part of that Vanity article is weird to me...

“There were a lot of consensual relationships, but that’s still a problem because of the power he held,” says a former producer who knew first-hand of these encounters. “He couldn’t sleep around town with celebrities or on the road with random people, because he’s Matt Lauer and he’s married. So he’d have to do it within his stable, where he exerted power, and he knew people wouldn’t ever complain.”

If he is using his power to force people, is not consensual. If it is consensual, what does his power have to do with it?

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
This part of that Vanity article is weird to me...

If he is using his power to force people, is not consensual. If it is consensual, what does his power have to do with it?

Consent is a little less binary than what you're suggesting here. If someone who has power over another, say it's her boss, or someone who is powerful within an industry, makes a sexual proposition, the recipient of that proposition might feel that she must say yes or risk possible reprisal. This is true even if no explicit threat is made. If she then says "yes," sure it's "consensual" under the law. However, the problem is that the person in power should never put those with less power in that position.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Damn. All I know that whenever a man is accused of something by a woman there are certain posters here who freak out and go out of their way to try and discredit the accuser displaying wanton misogyny.

They are oddly silent lately...

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Consent is a little less binary than what you're suggesting here. If someone who has power over another, say it's her boss, or someone who is powerful within an industry, makes a sexual proposition, the recipient of that proposition might feel that she must say yes or risk possible reprisal. This is true even if no explicit threat is made. If she then says "yes," sure it's "consensual" under the law. However, the problem is that the person in power should never put those with less power in that position.

Unless he has been shown to actually do something negative for saying no, then I disagree. Women love power and flaunting that power is a good way to make girls attracted to you.

Also, I fully agree that simply saying yes is not consent. If I held a gun to a girl and asked her and she said yes, its not consent because its under duress. So if he really was asking under the perceived threat of reprisal then its not consent.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Unless he has been shown to actually do something negative for saying no, then I disagree. Women love power and flaunting that power is a good way to make girls attracted to you.

Also, I fully agree that simply saying yes is not consent. If I held a gun to a girl and asked her and she said yes, its not consent because its under duress. So if he really was asking under the perceived threat of reprisal then its not consent.
Maybe I'm different from other women but I find the flaunting of power grotesque and often times hysterically pathetic. What I find powerful is decency. It's extremely attractive.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017

What they want is to round up the men, lock us away in cages, toss away the key, and then use men for breading purposes only.

Had enough of the demeaning sexual comments, enough of that male superiority, had enough of us whiney little male bitches always getting our way.

Why the doctors?
Because every woman out there knows all too well what that doctor was really thinking during those in-office examinations.

Red hot, glowing, nicely severed off, an dissembled pecker in hand fully ablaze.

Scared guys?
Merry Christmas men. This just might be your last.
Signed, Matt Lauer. The extinct male. :D
I don't want their peckers. I want men to control their peckers and themselves.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
So anyone remember the town halls where Lauer kept interrupting Hillary and pitching softballs to Trump?

f-trump-a-20151028-870x580.jpg

http://www.newsweek.com/matt-lauer-hillary-clinton-presidential-debate-726881

jZGgghi.png

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

Try to imagine yourself in the following situation. You're say, in your mid 20's, working in some office doing whatever job. Your supervisor, who is say 60 years old, a woman who seems attracted to you. But you're not interested in her at all. At some point, she asks you out, politely. So you just say "no," right? But how can you be sure she won't retaliate against you for rejecting her?

Look, I don't know how this is so difficult to understand. It's simple. No manager should make advances toward a subordinate because the subordinate may feel pressured to say yes.

If your boss is hitting on you, there is always a "perceived threat of reprisal." It isn't illegal unless it's persistent or particularly offensive, but in my opinion it shouldn't ever be done.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

While I’m sure some portion of women in the world do find power attractive, you are making a huge assumption that this woman in particular finds it attractive.

If she doesn’t, depending on how you’ve pursued her in this hypothetical, then you’ve sexually harassed her.

I’d also point out that where imbalances of power exist she may actually believe there is a (metaphorical) gun to her head.

Better to remain professional.

Feb 4, 2009
At least Matt did it right, asking to watch women with toys is much better than opening a hotel door naked (the fat Hollywood guy) or asking about a woman showering with a loofah but being dumb and thinking it's called a falafel (Fox news guy)

Last edited:

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Maybe I'm different from other women but I find the flaunting of power grotesque and often times hysterically pathetic. What I find powerful is decency. It's extremely attractive.

Not every woman is the same. But, even you must admit that many women are attracted to power and the things they think that power brings.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Try to imagine yourself in the following situation. You're say, in your mid 20's, working in some office doing whatever job. Your supervisor, who is say 60 years old, a woman who seems attracted to you. But you're not interested in her at all. At some point, she asks you out, politely. So you just say "no," right? But how can you be sure she won't retaliate against you for rejecting her?

Look, I don't know how this is so difficult to understand. It's simple. No manager should make advances toward a subordinate because the subordinate may feel pressured to say yes.

If your boss is hitting on you, there is always a "perceived threat of reprisal." It isn't illegal unless it's persistent or particularly offensive, but in my opinion it shouldn't ever be done.

I would do what I have done. Go to HR and let them know what happened, and that if nothing is done then they can expect to hear from a lawyer. Its not hard to imagine at all.

Further, after talking to my GF, she agrees that it should not be as hard for people to say no as they make it out to be. Not every situation will be so easy, but the hypothetical you just gave is the one we discussed and we are in agreement.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
While I’m sure some portion of women in the world do find power attractive, you are making a huge assumption that this woman in particular finds it attractive.

If she doesn’t, depending on how you’ve pursued her in this hypothetical, then you’ve sexually harassed her.

I’d also point out that where imbalances of power exist she may actually believe there is a (metaphorical) gun to her head.

Better to remain professional.

No I'm not, because I quoted what was said. She said it was consensual because he was flaunting his power. Again, if he used his power as a threat, its not consensual. If he did not use it as a threat, it can be consensual. If those women did feel that he would use his power against them if they said no, then its not consensual and I would agree it was legally and morally wrong. The quote, however, made it seem like because he had power he used it to not force, but entice women. Did you read the article?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
No I'm not, because I quoted what was said. She said it was consensual because he was flaunting his power. Again, if he used his power as a threat, its not consensual. If he did not use it as a threat, it can be consensual. If those women did feel that he would use his power against them if they said no, then its not consensual and I would agree it was legally and morally wrong. The quote, however, made it seem like because he had power he used it to not force, but entice women. Did you read the article?

I assume this is the quote from the article you are referring to.
One former producer “who knew firsthand of these encounters” also told Variety that Lauer, who is married, allegedly cheated on his wife.

“There were a lot of consensual relationships, but that’s still a problem because of the power he held,” this person said. “He couldn’t sleep around town with celebrities or on the road with random people, because he’s Matt Lauer and he’s married. So he’d have to do it within his stable, where he exerted power, and he knew people wouldn’t ever complain.”

I’m certain he had other relationships with women at work who found the relationship consensual. The ones who did likely found his fame and power attractive.

The women coming forward now did not find it attractive. They found it threatening. Even if he did not overtly threaten these women Lauer should not have assumed that these women were attracted to him and his power just because others were.

That’s why every company with an HR department has significant rules in place about subordinates and superiors getting involved. (Not to mention exposing ones self to coworkers)

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I assume this is the quote from the article you are referring to.

I’m certain he had other relationships with women at work who found the relationship consensual. The ones who did likely found his fame and power attractive.

The women coming forward now did not find it attractive. They found it threatening. Even if he did not overtly threaten these women Lauer should not have assumed that these women were attracted to him and his power just because others were.

That’s why every company with an HR department has significant rules in place about subordinates and superiors getting involved. (Not to mention exposing ones self to coworkers)

The person is saying that him using his power in a non threatening is a problem, and it is but for personal reasons. If she is saying that he used his power in a way that women felt threatened that means its not consensual. The person is saying that because he held power over those women that consented, it was wrong.

"There were a lot of consensual relationships, but that’s still a problem because of the power he held,"

So again, if he used that power as a threat, not consensual. This person seems to be saying that because he held power over people and it was unequal, that its wrong.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Not every woman is the same. But, even you must admit that many women are attracted to power and the things they think that power brings.
Oh I admit it and when given the opportunity I will have conversations with them about self-worth and self-esteem. I will also admit I have run in to women that tell me their self-worth is less valuable to them than living the high life.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Oh I admit it and when given the opportunity I will have conversations with them about self-worth and self-esteem. I will also admit I have run in to women that tell me their self-worth is less valuable to them than living the high life.

That seems a bit judgemental. So long as nobody is hurt, what do you care about what people are attracted to?

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
That seems a bit judgemental. So long as nobody is hurt, what do you care about what people are attracted to?
I'm not. Once informed of their choice I wish them luck and happiness. I'm fairly certain you are the one who made a leap here. You don't know the content of (invited) conversations I've had with women nor do you have any awareness of the nature of my relationship with them. If it's judgement on my part, I guarantee you it was invited. Any woman I have discussed self-worth or empowerment with it is because they value how I walk the planet as well as admire my degree of self-worth.

Do we understand each other or do you wish to continue making uninformed accusations in regard to my character?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
At least Matt did it right, asking to watch women with toys is much better than opening a hotel door naked (the fat Hollywood guy) or asking about a woman showering with a loofah but being dumb and thinking it's called a falafel (Fox news guy)
Well, falafel are kind a like a taco, so maybe he was going for that.. hint, hint, nod, wink.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I'm not. Once informed of their choice I wish them luck and happiness. I'm fairly certain you are the one who made a leap here. You don't know the content of (invited) conversations I've had with women nor do you have any awareness of the nature of my relationship with them. If it's judgement on my part, I guarantee you it was invited. Any woman I have discussed self-worth or empowerment with it is because they value how I walk the planet as well as admire my degree of self-worth.

Do we understand each other or do you wish to continue making uninformed accusations in regard to my character?

So are you saying you have discussions with every woman that enjoys power, or all women? Because the context of your response would imply that you are saying when you see a woman that likes power, and have the chance, you talk to her about self-worth and self-esteem. If you are saying given the chance you talk to every woman, that would seem weird but not judgmental. If you are saying that you do it only when you see them attracted to power, that would seem judgmental.

Yes, I would like to continue as I have more questions. They are also not uninformed accusations as I followed the context and said it seems and did not say you are. I used specific words for a reason.

As a side note, I was just talking to my GF because she says that I use words too literally in her view. So if you think that I might have another meaning, I can assure you that its usually the case that I mean what I literally say.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
So are you saying you have discussions with every woman that enjoys power, or all women? Because the context of your response would imply that you are saying when you see a woman that likes power, and have the chance, you talk to her about self-worth and self-esteem. If you are saying given the chance you talk to every woman, that would seem weird but not judgmental. If you are saying that you do it only when you see them attracted to power, that would seem judgmental.

Yes, I would like to continue as I have more questions. They are also not uninformed accusations as I followed the context and said it seems and did not say you are. I used specific words for a reason.

As a side note, I was just talking to my GF because she says that I use words too literally in her view. So if you think that I might have another meaning, I can assure you that its usually the case that I mean what I literally say.
What I said was 'when given the opportunity'. Dissect that statement won't you. I have faith in ya.