Massive opposition file on Romney hits Internet, likely from 2008 McCain campaign

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
http://news.yahoo.com/opposition-file-romney-hits-internet-likely-2008-mccain-094643763.html

if this man is so electable, why didn't the Repugs nominate him in 2008? oh, i see now..

If you think you’ve already heard everything there is to know about Mitt Romney, think again. A 200-page document that appears to be Sen. John McCain’s entire 2008 election-year opposition research file on the former Massachusetts governor hit the Internet with a vengeance Tuesday evening. And it’s an eye-opener.
The file explores everything from the assessed value of Romney’s house (“$3.162 million”) to his views on the Boy Scouts’ ban of homosexuals (“publicly opposed … in 1994 and 2002 campaigns”). It was made public Tuesday on the social media website Buzzfeed, although it appears to have been accessible online for two months.
The document, given the name “The Romney Book,” was viewed less than 100 times on the page where it was originally uploaded by its anonymous leaker on November 11.

Seems like Yahoo pulled the document in its link. but it can be found below. interesting.

http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/2012_01_mccain_2008_oppo_file_on_romney_pdf

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Maybe the best way to understand these thing is to go back to 1972 and Nixon.

As Nixon said he reinvented himself when Watergate hit in 1972, ad Nixon said he was now the New Nixon, and not the old Nixon he was before. By 8/1974, when the truth finally came out everyone had to admit, the New Nixon and the old Nixon were one and the same.

Fast forward to 2012 and Romney goes Dick Nixon one better. Because there are really 3 or more Mitt Romney's to deal with. There is the Governor of blue state Romney, there is the Born again in 2008 Romney, there is the new new 2012 Romney, and then there is the Romney Bain Vulture Capitalism Romney too. God bless Mitts 15% taxpaying heart when Obama and even Next pay double that Tax rate.

Will the real Mitt Romney please stand up? And can we be sure the real Mitt Romney did stand up? As the current Mitts have been on all sides on all issues.

Schizophrenia yesterday, Schizophrenia today, and Schizophrenia forever is the new Romney doctrine.

Think of all the money Romney and Bain capital can make by busting the USA into smaller pieces and then selling off the pieces to the highest bidders.

Its why I endorse Newt Gingrich for GOP POTUS nominee in 2012, we know we can have a genuine and consistent rat fink whose opportunism and family values never change. A GOP candidate we can depend upon.

Remember that ole TV show, " father know best ", Newt knows best too. If you don't believe me just ask Newt, as for Newt's wife, we can't depend her to stay around for long as females lack the wisdom. After all, gotta trade em off regularly, out with the old and in with the new. Now there are family values we can all depend on.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

As Nixon said he reinvented himself when Watergate hit in 1972, ad Nixon said he was now the New Nixon, and not the old Nixon he was before. By 8/1974, when the truth finally came out everyone had to admit, the New Nixon and the old Nixon were one and the same.

Fast forward to 2012 and Romney goes Dick Nixon one better. Because there are really 3 or more Mitt Romney's to deal with. There is the Governor of blue state Romney, there is the Born again in 2008 Romney, there is the new new 2012 Romney, and then there is the Romney Bain Vulture Capitalism Romney too. God bless Mitts 15% taxpaying heart when Obama and even Next pay double that Tax rate.

Will the real Mitt Romney please stand up? And can we be sure the real Mitt Romney did stand up? As the current Mitts have been on all sides on all issues.

Schizophrenia yesterday, Schizophrenia today, and Schizophrenia forever is the new Romney doctrine.

Think of all the money Romney and Bain capital can make by busting the USA into smaller pieces and then selling off the pieces to the highest bidders.

Its why I endorse Newt Gingrich for GOP POTUS nominee in 2012, we know we can have a genuine and consistent rat fink whose opportunism and family values never change. A GOP candidate we can depend upon.

Remember that ole TV show, " father know best ", Newt knows best too. If you don't believe me just ask Newt, as for Newt's wife, we can't depend her to stay around for long as females lack the wisdom. After all, gotta trade em off regularly, out with the old and in with the new. Now there are family values we can all depend on.

wait... what? o_O :confused:

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I can't actually link to the file, but descriptions I've read about the web say there isn't anything terribly earth shattering in it, in terms of scandal. It's mostly stuff that suggests Romney is further to the left than he claims. Could harm him somewhat in the primary if it gets more widely circulated, but OTOH I think almost everyone already knew that he governed Mass way further to the left than the principles he purports to espouse now?

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000

Thanks for clearing that up.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
wait... what? o_O :confused:

Lemon Law has a habit of trying to make himself sound like something out of a cheap video game cinematic. Trimming the fat, we have:

Romney's acting like Nixon did post-Watergate. How can we be sure that anything Romney says is the truth? He's all over the place. He'll probably split up the US and sell it giving the proceeds to Bain Capital. We should elect Newt, he's at least honestly corrupt.

To trim it down to its most elementary fundamentals:

2848506883_123e43bb7f.jpg

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
In some small way, I feel Romney's pain in that he had to govern a blue state with his re-election plans in the forefront guiding his legislative agenda. So he had to compromise his conservative agenda some and to me, that's where his RINO brand got seared into his rump.

But that's where my sympathy for him ends, as that double edged sword he wielded to gain his governorship had cut him a hundred times and the bleeding has caught up with him.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Lemon Law has a habit of trying to make himself sound like something out of a cheap video game cinematic. Trimming the fat, we have:

To trim it down to its most elementary fundamentals:

2848506883_123e43bb7f.jpg

what does a piece of shit Ford lemon have to do with this topic? :)

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Lemon Law has a habit of trying to make himself sound like something out of a cheap video game cinematic.

lol, that's priceless. I've been playing a couple of Japanese RPGs lately - the kind whose story is long, twisted and makes absolutely zero sense - and I immediately saw the parallel.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
lol, that's priceless. I've been playing a couple of Japanese RPGs lately - the kind whose story is long, twisted and makes absolutely zero sense - and I immediately saw the parallel.

In A.D. 2101
War was beginning.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It's You !!
Cats: How are you gentlemen !!
Cats: All your base are belong to us.
Cats: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time.
Cats: HA HA HA HA ....
Captain: Take off every 'zig' !!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'zig'.
Captain: For great justice.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
In A.D. 2101
War was beginning.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the bomb.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Main screen turn on.
Captain: It's You !!
Cats: How are you gentlemen !!
Cats: All your base are belong to us.
Cats: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
Cats: You have no chance to survive make your time.
Cats: HA HA HA HA ....
Captain: Take off every 'zig' !!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'zig'.
Captain: For great justice.

mgscomic13.jpg

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
The problem romney has is he has never experienced the blue collar side of life and the blue collar workers recognize that. As someone who was standing in line at the grocery store said "Romney thinks that having to pump your own gas is living on hard times" . He will never get that vote because everyone knows that he was raised rich, lived rich, and made himself richer and that is who he supports.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Say what you will, but putting a teabagger loon thru the primary is nothing but an early vote for that community organizer.

Case point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_O%27Donnell
Say what you will but Romney is a rino.........damn echo.

When he gets the nod, the shit storm that has been falling on the other runners will stall firmly over his head. So we'll get to vote for the left or the not so far left.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Say what you will but Romney is a rino.........damn echo.

When he gets the nod, the shit storm that has been falling on the other runners will stall firmly over his head. So we'll get to vote for the left or the not so far left.

RINO is term made up by disenfranchised neoconservaties and holy rollers, happily applied to anyone that doesn't put Jesus before the Constitution. You might as well say "fiscally conservative, socially moderate" or resonating and representative of the average voter in the US.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
RINO is term made up by disenfranchised neoconservaties and holy rollers, happily applied to anyone that doesn't put Jesus before the Constitution. You might as well say "fiscally conservative, socially moderate" or resonating and representative of the average voter in the US.
....damn echo.

This is one statement that I believe is fairly accurate about him.
There are two main things to remember about Mitt Romney. First, he’s been on multiple sides of most every major issue. Second, he’s currently on whatever side is most politically convenient.