Massive Explosion in Beirut Lebanon

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It is debatable.

You must mean my horrid defense of the president in my original posts here:

And from that the crap shoot began:

There is not a word of defense for Trumps statement in any of those post I made.

Only in your little mind.

This:
"Just because I didn't make a statement saying how stupid his statement was does not mean that I condone it."

Is the basis of your entire post. I don't have the need to rant and rave about every perceived wrong from Trump. Sorry it doesn't hold up to your school of adult speaking.

You make his case for him - your first post there clearly _is_ an attempt to excuse the President. That's obviously what it is - saying 'a lot of people would do that' is an attempt at a defence.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
You make his case for him - your first post there clearly _is_ an attempt to excuse the President. That's obviously what it is - saying 'a lot of people would do that' is an attempt at a defence.
This type of language nuance is well beyond geeks grasp. It's the same ole song and dance many posters (myself included) have with him. His obstinate choice to ignore it means he either doesn't care or is too inept to figure it out. Of course, he will end up telling your that you're the problem.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It is debatable.

You must mean my horrid defense of the president in my original posts here:

Is the basis of your entire post. I don't have the need to rant and rave about every perceived wrong from Trump. Sorry it doesn't hold up to your school of adult speaking.
When you state "I would think that a lot of people would jump to that conclusion or at least that suspicion if they saw the explosion without any background information. " that is a clear defense of Trump saying it was an attack. Except one problem...

Trump HAS access to background information and there was NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to indicate an attack had occurred.

If you are going to make it your full time job kissing Trump's bloated orange ass have the balls to admit it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
In retrospect, they probably should have just dumped all that shit in the harbor.

They should have told the Mozambique buyer to send a ship & they can take it away, just pay for the transfer. I'm sure they would have. The deal with the seller would be voided by Lebanese confiscation & the price would def be right.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

he doesn't get it. Conservative brains are profoundly flawed. They don't understand anything that isn't explicitly said. Nuance doesn't exist. Generations of established rules of rhetoric is a "liberal hoax."

they simply don't get it. Look at how compuwiz in the other thread explicitly failed to understand blatant sarcasm, and my plain assertion of the "no shit, Sherlock," phrase when pointing out to him that his professed "genius" in understanding the plan for Kanye to run for president was him just being way late to the party. You see, only when Kanye plainly admitted it, was it real.

it's over and over and over, the same thing with these idiots. I'm starting to think it isn't intentional--they are really this fucking stupid.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
This type of language nuance is well beyond geeks grasp. It's the same ole song and dance many posters (myself included) have with him. His obstinate choice to ignore it means he either doesn't care or is too inept to figure it out. Of course, he will end up telling your that you're the problem.
he doesn't get it. Conservative brains are profoundly flawed. They don't understand anything that isn't explicitly said. Nuance doesn't exist. Generations of established rules of rhetoric is a "liberal hoax."

they simply don't get it. Look at how compuwiz in the other thread explicitly failed to understand blatant sarcasm, and my plain assertion of the "no shit, Sherlock," phrase when pointing out to him that his professed "genius" in understanding the plan for Kanye to run for president was him just being way late to the party. You see, only when Kanye plainly admitted it, was it real.

it's over and over and over, the same thing with these idiots. I'm starting to think it isn't intentional--they are really this fucking stupid.

My last word on this topic.

All this crap is just a twisting of words in your head to make my post something that it isn't by calling it Nuance ... I said exactly what I meant. No more or no less than other posters in this thread. You guys reading "into" and "between the lines" looking for your imaginary nuance is just bull shit.

For a second I thought HomerJS was going to break free and actually have a moment of clarity and understanding but he failed in the end.

My original statement Quoted once again:

"I would think that a lot of people would jump to that conclusion or at least that suspicion if they saw the explosion without any background information. "

Clearly that bold and underlined part above would exempt Trump entirely from being included in that statement. As he is constantly fed information about these types of events. As HomerJS even stated in his post above.

Unfortunately you guys will continue to twist, tweak and over analyze every word for nuance and hidden meanings so that you will have something to rage about. All I can say is you must have pretty sad lives to use this as a way to get your jollies.

Then again I'm just a Conservative with a flawed brain and a stupid idiot that don't understand nuance.
:p

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
My last word on this topic.

All this crap is just a twisting of words in your head to make my post something that it isn't by calling it Nuance ... I said exactly what I meant. No more or no less than other posters in this thread. You guys reading "into" and "between the lines" looking for your imaginary nuance is just bull shit.

For a second I thought HomerJS was going to break free and actually have a moment of clarity and understanding but he failed in the end.

My original statement Quoted once again:

"I would think that a lot of people would jump to that conclusion or at least that suspicion if they saw the explosion without any background information. "

Clearly that bold and underlined part above would exempt Trump entirely from being included in that statement. As he is constantly fed information about these types of events. As HomerJS even stated in his post above.

Unfortunately you guys will continue to twist, tweak and over analyze every word for nuance and hidden meanings so that you will have something to rage about. All I can say is you must have pretty sad lives to use this as a way to get your jollies.

Then again I'm just a Conservative with a flawed brain and a stupid idiot that don't understand nuance.
:p

A lot of people aren't the elected leader of the country with the biggest military. Who says it matters. For instance, you could speculate here and nobody really cares and it will go unnoticed. However, government officials should be careful with their speculations. We both know Trump won't be careful. He's extremely careless with his words, enjoy sticking up for him anyways.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Except Trump said he'd conferred with his generals before encouraging people to entertain conspiracy theory. He's not just some guy on the street.

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
Absolutely feel for the people of Beirut. What I can't fathom is how did massive tons of Ammonia Nitrate get stored in the heart of a City ?

Recall the devastating WWII explosion in Halifax harbor Canada, The biggest chemical explosion known and not much less then the Atomic Bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

I do recall a cargo Bunker "C" Oil freighter exploding in GalvistonTexas a few years back that killed hundreds.

Halifax explosion was WW1, and only about 20% of little boy.