Massage video ;)

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
That is sooooo cute!

:)

OMG, i was just waiting for someone to say that.

That cats got balls, not that i was looking.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
I have a cat who does the same thing to fuzzy blankets. Bet that cat thought, "Ahh, a nice, warm pillow." :)

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Jeff7
I have a cat who does the same thing to fuzzy blankets. Bet that cat thought, "Ahh, a nice, warm pillow." :)

I have a bunch of cats that do that. Sometimes, it hurts. :(

Also, the ends of my couches have been destroyed and I have a bare patch in the carpet where I spilled a bag of catnip early this year. Never did vacuum out all the way.

beemercer

Feb 10, 2006
I think the cat is shrapening its claws on the dog, my cat does the same thing to my stomach.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: beemercer
I think the cat is shrapening its claws on the dog, my cat does the same thing to my stomach.

Its not sharpening them. It?s the cats way of clipping their toe nails. They're just wearing down their claws, thats why they get those scratch posts.

beemercer

Feb 10, 2006
Originally posted by: RichUK

Its not sharpening them. It?s the cats way of clipping their toe nails.

Ohh, well it hurts either way.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005

Its not sharpening them. It?s the cats way of clipping their toe nails.

Ohh, well it hurts either way.

lol i bet it does :laugh:

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003

Its not sharpening them. It?s the cats way of clipping their toe nails. They're just wearing down their claws, thats why they get those scratch posts.

They also do that as a suckling motion.

It is easy to spot the difference in their intention. Claw maintenience is a short pulling moton with a kind of snap at the end of it, while a suckling motion is slow and calmer motion and is usually accompanied with purring and/or salivating.

RichUK

Lifer
Feb 14, 2005
Originally posted by: KarenMarie

They also do that as a suckling motion.

It is easy to spot the difference in their intention. Claw maintenience is a short pulling moton with a kind of snap at the end of it, while a suckling motion is slow and calmer motion and is usually accompanied with purring and/or salivating.

True. I woke up once round a mates house (a long time ago), and a cat was doing that "suckling motion" thing to me and looking at me. I nearly shat my pants when i woke up to that. It didn't hurt of course.

I don't know why cats have that habit though, weird.