Massachusettes politican caught stuffing a bribe into her bra.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheL...tory?id=6132629&page=1

An embattled Massachusetts state senator appeared in a federal courtroom today charged with taking $23,500 in bribes, including cash that she stuffed into her bra during a meeting at a tony Boston restaurant that was secretly videotaped by an undercover FBI agent, federal prosecutors said.

Democratic state Sen. Dianne Wilkerson faces 40 years in prison after federal prosecutors outlined accusations that she accepted the bribes over an 18-month period in a money-for-legislative influence sting operation, prosecutors said. She had $6,000 in cash in her purse when she was arrested at her Roxbury home by nearly two dozen law enforcement officials, prosecutors said.

Photographs released by U.S. Attorney Michael Sullivan showed Wilkerson stuffing 10 $100 bills into her bra at No. 9 Park restaurant last June. During another meeting with an undercover FBI agent two months later, Wilkerson took her granddaughter to accept a $1,000 kickback at the Fill-A-Buster restaurant, a famed political hotspot directly across the street from the Massachusetts State House, according to a 32-page affidavit filed in the case.

Of Wilkerson, all I can say is, what a boob!

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Hopefully it doesn't take years to throw her ass in jail like it has been with Dollar Bill Jefferson.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The FBI doesn't have to look far to find corruption (bush) ... This is the best they could come up with? I think they ought to start at the top and work it's way down the whole system is corrupted to the core.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
I find it hard to believe.

A ""convicted tax cheat and a campaign finance scofflaw"" would ever do such a thing.

It adds new meaning to 'padded bra' - LOL

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
What if accepting bribes / giving bribes to any elected government official in any form was a treasonous offense?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Hopefully Her, Jefferson, and Stevens can all share a cell.

Toss in Charles Rangel as well. Cant get these people out of congress fast enough imo.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
And yet she has supporters who make excuses for her. DUH!

Jefferson is in a tight race and so is Stevens in AK. Never under estimate the stupidity of humans. Look at Bush and other bad politicians, or even Nixon after Watergate. They still hold onto 25%+ always. You have people that will support a Dem./Rep. just on party name alone.

I don?t care what party you are, if you are corrupt then you would not get my vote.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ericlp
The FBI doesn't have to look far to find corruption (bush) ... This is the best they could come up with? I think they ought to start at the top and work it's way down the whole system is corrupted to the core.

Yes. It would be called 'trickle down law enforcement'. :)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
"Wilkerson -? the state's only black state senator ?- is a convicted tax cheat and a campaign finance scofflaw who has a long litany of legal problems that has marred her 15-year record as a lawmaker. "

How the fuck did she continue to get re-elected?

Dem or Repub...corrupt is corrupt.
If they're dirty, kick them out of their cushy "gubmint" jobs and lock them up for a LONG-LONG time.

Feb 16, 2005
Bingo, and to be this stupid.. wtf. I would feel really pissed off at her if I voted for her. I think part of her sentence should be to listen to the people she betrayed, and take it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: BoomerD
"Wilkerson -? the state's only black state senator ?- is a convicted tax cheat and a campaign finance scofflaw who has a long litany of legal problems that has marred her 15-year record as a lawmaker. "

If they're dirty, kick them out of their cushy "gubmint" jobs and lock them up for a LONG-LONG time.
Why was it necessary to say "the states only black senator"? Black or white send her to jail. There have to be a lot more that don't get caught and aren't stupid enough to take bribes this way.

If she were hot this would be a better story.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

You're obviously unfamiliar with the political career of Marion Barry. She was obviously set up.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skitzer

All the more reason to want to get into her pants?

You're aiming to low. The cash is somewhat north of there.

It does give a new meaning to the concept of tit for tat. ;)

badkarma1399

Feb 21, 2007

As a proud citizen of the retarded state of Massachusetts, I look forward to the day we reelect her yet again.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Originally posted by: badkarma1399

As a proud citizen of the retarded state of Massachusetts, I look forward to the day we reelect her yet again.

Ah...the only GOOD politician is the one who STAYS bought...;)

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
What if accepting bribes / giving bribes to any elected government official in any form was a treasonous offense?

It should be.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: badkarma1399

She was on her way out anyway, but it's a hell of a way to go. Straight from the Legislature to federal prison.