Mass Shooting at Dark Knight Rises Premier in Aurora Colorado (12 Dead, 59 Injured)

Page 29 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Jesus dude, don't go there.
Now you will have to respond to a hundred posts where they will slowly morph your post into supporting Daesh

I don't think his comment can be construed as supporting ISIS. Rather I think it's due to a deep seated hatred of the right that has grown out of control and beyond the result of fair thinking.

One can only read so many continuous comments unrelated to the right but end with jabs at the right to think otherwise. This exists but directed to the left as well, not saying this behavior is unique to a certain section of the political spectrum.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
You should go watch the videos of ISIS execution methods and for the supposed crimes its meted out for.

You know the ones where they wrap det cord around 6 peoples neck to behead them or lower a cage of people underwater to drown them.

After watching them try to come back and revisit your comment without feeling like a shameful asshole.

Maybe you should reread my comment. I said if you follow that thought to its extreme you end up in Isis territory. Because that's the truth. Republican brain defect can be seen all over the world in different forms. Saying there should be a public hanging after a conviction is no different then what Isis is doing. Public executions.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Maybe you should reread my comment. I said if you follow that thought to its extreme you end up in Isis territory. Because that's the truth. Republican brain defect can be seen all over the world in different forms. Saying there should be a public hanging after a conviction is no different then what Isis is doing. Public executions.

If I misunderstood your comment I sincerely apologize

I will point out there are huge differences between executing someone convicted and sentenced in a court of law by a jury and guaranteed an attorney with executing someone based on mere accusation and not allowed defense or trial by court and jury. And for doing something not codified in law.

A previous post of mine in this thread details why I oppose the death penalty.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Too bad. I have no idea how to prevent this kind of thing. Really, other than finding people before they become nut jobs and trying to stop/help them is probably the only way.
If you make it hard for the "nut jobs" to get guns it will be hard for them to kill people en mass. There's an idea. I'm sure it's crossed your mind but you likely have a mental block against seeing the obvious facts... which is nothing unusual. In fact it's practically universal.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I know its years old but I should like to state the above mentioned statistic about gun stores is erroneous.

There are not 9 times as many gun stores as McDonalds. Those numbers state the amount of gun licenses issued. Theres a crapload of dudes who get dealer licences so as to simplify their buying and selling. They dont own stores or even do that much trading. They are just normal everyday gun enthusiasts who want to make their lives easier.