Discussion Mass. Real War on Xmass.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
So the colony of Puritans who founded Massachusetts banned Christmas after the Puritans took England and they banned Xmas there.

The irony of this is lost on the current right-wing and far right Christians who cry loud and wide that Atheists and the Left on waging a non existing war on our favorite Holiday...:p:p:p

I wonder if there are any current Puritans who would ban Xmas and everything else that they don't considered to be Biblical if they managed to obtain power again?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I hope, not this BS again where the nut jobs claim this faked WAR ON CHRISTMAS when there is no such war and never has been.
The same nut jobs also claim a war on the white man.
If religion is failing and Christmas is in jeopardy it is only because of the bat-shet crazed religious right who pervert the very concept of Christmas AND of religion.
Look in the mirror Pat Robertson, you are the danger to Christmas.
You use the most holy of day to spread your perverted nonsense and to divide one against the other.
Watch what you say Pat.... God is watching.
Isn't organized religion simply wonderful ??? HAHA

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It's a good read. No mocking from me here, I enjoy reading history of our society and find it interesting how things progress.

I did find this part mildly amusing

The pagan-like way in which Christmas was celebrated troubled the Puritans even more than the underlying theology. “Men dishonor Christ more in the 12 days of Christmas than in all the 12 months besides,” wrote 16th-century clergyman Hugh Latimer. Christmas in the 1600s was hardly a silent night, let alone a holy one. More befitting a rowdy spring break than a sacred occasion, Christmas revelers used the holiday as an excuse to feast, drink, gamble on dice and card games and engage in licentious behavior.
In a Yuletide twist on trick-or-treating, men dressed as women, and vice versa, and went door-to-door demanding food or money in return for carols or Christmas wishes. “Bands of mostly young people and apprentices would go house to house and demand that the doors of prosperous people be open to them,” Nissenbaum says. “They felt they had a right to enter the houses of the wealthy and demand their high-quality food and drink—not meager handouts, but the stuff prosperous people would serve to their own families.” Those who failed to comply could be greeted with vandalism or violence.

Christmas was just spring break, breaking and entering, vandalism, and maybe some violent crime as well. But somewhere in there, some nativity scene held it all together.

Imagine a true puritan seeing what a mockery modern day Christmas is, their heads would explode. Now, plenty of people try not to let the corporate style holiday sweep them away, but plenty of others just go with, sometimes myself notwithstanding.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
There is more to this.

We Liberals have invented time machines.

We were losing the war on Christmas. So, we decided to head back and attempt the following:
1. establish abortion clinics in ancient Bethlehem
2. start a feminist movement in ancient Israel
3. get Mary to become a modern woman who does what she wishes with her body
4. portray God as an oafish buffoon that just wants to control Mary and He has NO right to tell her what to do!
5. pair her up with a beta loser/cuckold that will drive her to not want to have any children

We were only able to accomplish #5. We failed to destroy Christmas.

We moved a bit forward and influenced the Puritans to hate on Christmas. We introduced all the women to black men (3 to 4 per white woman), weed, iPhones, tattoos and obviously devil worshiping.

We have failed again,.. as none of this stuck. Turns out the Puritans were evil to begin with and this lifestyle actually made them nicer - especially the weed part.

We tried. But, we failed.

Nonetheless, we will continue to fight Christmas. How DARE you all force us to hunt for eggs in spring and wear pastels?!

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
It's a good read. No mocking from me here, I enjoy reading history of our society and find it interesting how things progress.

In a Yuletide twist on trick-or-treating, men dressed as women, and vice versa, and went door-to-door demanding food or money in return for carols or Christmas wishes. “Bands of mostly young people and apprentices would go house to house and demand that the doors of prosperous people be open to them,” Nissenbaum says. “They felt they had a right to enter the houses of the wealthy and demand their high-quality food and drink—not meager handouts, but the stuff prosperous people would serve to their own families.” Those who failed to comply could be greeted with vandalism or violence.

We Liberals have invented time machines.

It's obvious you sent transgenders and progressives back in time based on the above.

And now we have The War on Thanksgiving (TWoT).

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Christmas was just spring break, breaking and entering, vandalism, and maybe some violent crime as well. But somewhere in there, some nativity scene held it all together.

Imagine a true puritan seeing what a mockery modern day Christmas is, their heads would explode. Now, plenty of people try not to let the corporate style holiday sweep them away, but plenty of others just go with, sometimes myself notwithstanding.
Don't even go to 12th night.