Mass Effect (PC) - $37.90

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
LOL @ the negative savings on the Diablo 2 battlechest and 0% savings on the Warcraft 3 battlechest!

ChaosDivine

May 23, 2008
Hope no one runs into trouble with the copy protection. Its the only reason why I'm hessitant to buy this (and Bioshock).

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Hmmm, I'm looking to buy a new game...

EDIT - Just bought it. :) Thanks for the link.

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Should be here in 3-5 days. I'm crossing my fingers I dont get bent over by Securom/DRM. :)

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Bee
isn't that game SecuRom/DRM infested like Bioshock??

It is infected with Sony's SecuROM DRM, yes. Read and discuss more in the official SecuROM Discussion Thread.

Details
The solution being implemented for Mass Effect for the PC changes copy protection from being key disc based, which requires authentication every time you play the game by requiring a disc in the drive, to a one time online authentication.

With the new system players will no longer need the disc to play the game, but can instead simply retain the disc as back up for re-installation.

This solution allows gamers to authenticate their game on three different computers with the purchase of one disc. EA Customer Service is on hand to supply any additional authorizations that are warranted.

On the plus side, PC Gamers get some added content for free (xboxers have to pay for it).

Leading video game developer BioWare has announced that "Bring Down the Sky," the first piece of downloadable content for the award-winning space epic Mass Effect, will be available for PC gamers to download free of charge

Here is a comparison between the 360 and PC version.