Mass Effect Andromeda gameplay trailer (4k)

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
Graphics look fantastic of course since it's running on perhaps the latest iteration of the FB3 engine. Gameplay looks great as well, and very reminiscent of previous ME games..

The only thing that looks terrible are the facial and hair animations. I hope those will be improved before the game releases, because they are really bad. Bioware has a history of terrible animations though, so I'm not expecting them to be dramatically improved..

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Meh looks like inquisition in space. I'm certain Cyberpunk 2077 will blow it away. Bioware is turning into a second tier RPG developer and I suspect in 7-10 years they'll be another EA graveyard dev.

Reactions: KMFJD

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Can't wait to see how fast they will have DLC for this, and then NOT offer a GOTY edition ever.
Oh, and also wait for the redoing of the 'ending' as well.

That said, this might turn out to be good...

ArenCordial

Sep 18, 2012
Can't wait to see how fast they will have DLC for this.

Why wait? Take the Pathfinder Orientation and get yourself a promotional DLC helmet!

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/

Lol, didn't take them long did it?
https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/
Meh looks like inquisition in space.

That would be my concern as well. I read the Gameinformer article on side activities and it basically read like exactly like DAI but in Sci-Fi rather than fantasy.

Last edited:

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Yeah, Inquisition in space is what I saw as well. Troubling. And everyone's right, the facial animations are absolutely dreadful... bad enough that I hope they let us wear helmets in conversations.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
The combat looks a lot more platformer based (move/block/jump) than the old cover system from the previous games, which is nice.

Complaints above are valid, but what really worries me is the story. Bioware has been recycling their tropes for so long that nothing feels fresh in their games anymore.

DA:I DLC Trespasser did show that at least some small part of the Bioware team still knows what it's doing...