mass effect 3 demo??

Aug 11, 2008
Heard there was supposed to be a demo out Feb 14. Haven't found any recent confirmation or cancellation though. Anyone know if it is still coming and if you have to download from Origin?

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
fyi i tried the fb game yesterday and they said they are out of codes

Aug 11, 2008
It's out offically tomorrow, but you can play a Facebook game and get it early apparently. Details from a site not blocked at work.

Does anyone else think it bodes ill for the game that it is now associated with Facebook?

What will it be "Farmville in Space"? I was already concerned that they were turning it into nothing but another online shooter, and now this??

Seriously though, I find the trend of giving early access to games related to a Facebook account extremely annoying. My wife plays an online city building game, and to get the earliest unlocks of new scenes, you have to join through Facebook. It seems very unfair and like Facebook is taking over everything. I realize you can refuse to play the game entirely, but still.... Anyway, to those who posted, thanks for the info.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Does anyone else think it bodes ill for the game that it is now associated with Facebook?

What will it be "Farmville in Space"? I was already concerned that they were turning it into nothing but another online shooter, and now this??

Seriously though, I find the trend of giving early access to games related to a Facebook account extremely annoying. My wife plays an online city building game, and to get the earliest unlocks of new scenes, you have to join through Facebook. It seems very unfair and like Facebook is taking over everything. I realize you can refuse to play the game entirely, but still.... Anyway, to those who posted, thanks for the info.

o_O

Everything is on Facebook these days, it's just Marketing.

Aug 11, 2008
I assume you download it through Origin??

I dont see anything there about the demo being avalilable at all. I have an account, but I had a lot of problems with my username and password not working the last time I tried to log in to DAII. You dont have to have ME 1 or 2 installed to get the demo do you?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I assume you download it through Origin??

I dont see anything there about the demo being avalilable at all. I have an account, but I had a lot of problems with my username and password not working the last time I tried to log in to DAII. You dont have to have ME 1 or 2 installed to get the demo do you?

Tomorrow it's available. Hannah has advanced access or something like that.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Part 2 of Hannahs playthru is up. Game looks epic, but Hannah shouldn't play on Consoles. lol

Canbacon

Dec 24, 2007
If you are a BF3 player you get the demo early as well. Just log into origin and look in the store section for the ME3 demo.

The MP is better than I expected can get really hard, especially if you haven't leveled. Also, the SP starts in Vancouver BC :)

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
If you are a BF3 player you get the demo early as well. Just log into origin and look in the store section for the ME3 demo.

The MP is better than I expected can get really hard, especially if you haven't leveled. Also, the SP starts in Vancouver BC :)

future vancouver bc! i gotta see this

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
So I just played through the demo.

I think the weapons have a much better feel to them compared to ME 1/2. Hard to describe why. I guess they feel sharper.

They game looks nice enough. Not many graphics settings in the demo, just turned AA and dynamic shadows. Although some textures still look very blurry. But, it is a demo after all. But most everything look great.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Although Multiplayer didn't work.

Looking forward to getting my CE copy :)

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
I played the first part but it stuttered really badly on a pair of 7970's. The graphics options are seriously anaemic, not even the ability to turn Vsync on or off (which often reduces the MS problem) so I found it very painful to play with the worst MS I have ever seen!

Didn't feel much different to ME2 and ME1 in gameplay, it looks practically the same and ts basically the same game. Its a little more more console inspired than previous incarnations if the graphics options are anything to go by. Unimpressed.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
They had a 2gb limit to get the demo under to meed xbox live requirements. The final game will have better textures and more graphics options.

Also, the microstutter isn't just your crossfire setup. I had microstutter on a single 7970 in cutscenes, and quite often during game play. Just a horribly optimized demo.

I believe this demo is what they were showing at E3 last year. So just guess how old it is.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Anyone else not able to log into origin? I downloaded the demo last night, origin client can't seem to connect today.

Aug 11, 2008
Finished the demo a couple of days ago. It was about what I expected. Honestly, considering how short it was, it was hardly worth getting excited about. In a way I dont really know why they bothered to release it. Those already into the franchise are already stoked for the full game release (personally with some reservations, considering Bioware's recent efforts), and I didnt see anything in the demo that would get me into the franchise if I already was not.

I know most people will disagree, but the franchise is starting to get old for me. I hope the story in the third game makes up for the very similar graphics and gameplay. There was not really enough in the demo to tell how the story will go, but the opening seemed weird in that the reapers were already to earth and people still didnt seem to have made much preparation, despite the knowledge gained from the first 2 games.

NoSoup4You

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2007
Demo runs smooth as butter for me, zero drops in framerate even in multiplayer. The multiplayer is actually a ton of fun, surprisingly...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Demo runs smooth as butter for me, zero drops in framerate even in multiplayer. The multiplayer is actually a ton of fun, surprisingly...

I look forward to the Single Player, but if Multiplayer is just that Wave based gameplay, I won't even bother trying it. What would appeal to me is Coop Missions based upon the SP Missions.

Necc

Feb 15, 2011
So I just played through the demo.

I think the weapons have a much better feel to them compared to ME 1/2. Hard to describe why. I guess they feel sharper.

They game looks nice enough. Not many graphics settings in the demo, just turned AA and dynamic shadows. Although some textures still look very blurry. But, it is a demo after all. But most everything look great.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. Although Multiplayer didn't work.

Looking forward to getting my CE copy :)

You can adujst more settings if you go to your install folder and double clicking masseffect3democonfig.exe :) and multiplayer does work since yesturday.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I played the demo yesterday.. .it was amazing. I kinda wish they would have just ended it when you're aboard the normandy and leaving because the stuff after that gives some spoilers into the story.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I played the demo yesterday.. .it was amazing. I kinda wish they would have just ended it when you're aboard the normandy and leaving because the stuff after that gives some spoilers into the story.

I quit after that. I had seen enough to know what the feel of the game is like. I didn't want to go any further for that reason.