Mass Effect 2 Trailer

Kromis

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2006
If you posted this in the Console Gaming section, this would have gotten a lock!

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Kromis
If you posted this in the Console Gaming section, this would have gotten a lock!

Same with all the other threads in PC Gaming.

vj8usa

Dec 19, 2005
Looks great so far. Anyone know if the PC version will come out later like it did with ME1, or are they shooting for a simultaneous release?

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
I Loved the original Mass Effect almost as much as the original Kotor- can't wait. What most stood out for me was the music in ME, it was quality stuff. I'll be playing as the Bionic class whatever it was called- more fun than soldier IMO.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: vj8usa
Looks great so far. Anyone know if the PC version will come out later like it did with ME1, or are they shooting for a simultaneous release?

I hope so. While ME1 was enjoyable, it was entirely too short and had a number of serious drawbacks. Hopefully, they fix these in ME2.

9mak9

Dec 3, 2007
the atmosphere, story, music, characters all rocked. I wouldn't expect anything less from Bioware. But I was little disappointed with the areas you went too. there only seemed to be a few areas that you could roam around, meet people, get quests and buy stuff. That was such a main staple for KOTOR, ID and BG. There were sooo many little missions out to the other planets where you were in the mako the whole time. They should have more places to explore similar to Citadel

Oct 27, 2007
I haven't been this excited about a new game since the Half Life 2 E3 videos. ME was one of the best games I've played and this looks amazing. Anyone else notice Chora's Den in that video? So presumably we'll be returning to the Citadel.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Surely yes, the Citadel plays a central role in the Mass Effect's universe, what I like is that they're focusing on a darker route for that "episode" (it'll be a trilogy when it's finished, presumably), I always prefer darker, more serious tones in games of that nature specifically. The one thing I want them to improve is the necessity and reward for exploration (and variety of environments), and a serious improvement to the items categorization and organization user interface, especially for buying and selling items.

trance247

Jan 17, 2006
I don't get few things from this trailer, why do we don't know if Sheapard is alive? If I don't have my saves do I start from level one opposing to people who had theirs? I did kill off the ugly alien merc and girl died guarding the bomb, I take it they all will be alive when I start from scratch?

Being die hard Fallout fan this game impressed me more than F3, yes it was a console port IMHO bit simple for us PC peeps and I managed to play entire game on hard setting without using extra abilities that you use when you pause in combat.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Fan-freakin-tastic. I loved ME, I'm pumped for ME 2. I need to play through ME1 a few more times to get all the proper save files with various characters live/dead.

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Sheppard issuse is a big deal gmeplay and story wise.

On one hand, Sheppard is who you are. This isn't a classic RPG where the character is drawn out for you and you're along for the ride, you actually chose to push Sheppard in whatever direction you wanted, he was a blank slate in the beginning.
If Sheppard is dead, it presents some obvious plot issues, killing the main character between games. If he is alive, it would be weird to start another character because for me at least, my Sheppard looks and acts like me, not to mention has my first name.

Gameplay wise though, if they did keep Sheppard alive and makes him the protagonist, it raises interesting issues. My Shep is maxed out in all stats, maxed out in equipment, how do you start a game with a character that can single-handedly take down entire armies? If I don't get to play sheppard, how am I supposed to adjust and assume the 2nd character I get to play is me if I already made a first "me" in the ME universe?

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: mwmorph
The Sheppard issuse is a big deal gmeplay and story wise.

On one hand, Sheppard is who you are. This isn't a classic RPG where the character is drawn out for you and you're along for the ride, you actually chose to push Sheppard in whatever direction you wanted, he was a blank slate in the beginning.
If Sheppard is dead, it presents some obvious plot issues, killing the main character between games. If he is alive, it would be weird to start another character because for me at least, my Sheppard looks and acts like me, not to mention has my first name.

Gameplay wise though, if they did keep Sheppard alive and makes him the protagonist, it raises interesting issues. My Shep is maxed out in all stats, maxed out in equipment, how do you start a game with a character that can single-handedly take down entire armies? If I don't get to play sheppard, how am I supposed to adjust and assume the 2nd character I get to play is me if I already made a first "me" in the ME universe?

Well, continuing as the same character is fairly easy. A number of RPG games had import features from prequels that allowed you to continue on your way. Things are simply scaled accordingly. Or who knows, perhaps they add a plot device that "takes away" certain abilities, etc.

If it's a new main character.. oh well, you just need to get attached to a new character. I suppose you just need to make it work for you personally.

Liet

Golden Member
Jun 9, 2001
I think it's safe to say that their solution to the problem of beginning a game with maxed-out Shephard is simply to kill Shephard, and have you take the role of a rookie human SPECTRE.