Masked man opens fire on three disc jockeys in the broadcast studio,

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What’s a community radio station
A non-profit, listener-sponsored station where the DJs volunteer their time and are generally given great latitude to play/say what they like. The station is owned and managed by the members. WORT also airs some canned syndicated news/opinion shows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WORT

I grew up in Madison and used to listen to WORT a bit. I wasn't a huge fan as many of the DJs back then tended toward grunge, indie rock, and punk which weren't to my taste.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You ever think Trump and Team are just trying to fuck up America so things fall apart and they can declare martial law?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Madison Police said mid-morning Monday that detectives were becoming confident this was a targeted act against a specific person and was not a random act of violence against the media.

"We understand and appreciate the interest in this case beyond the local level but do not believe it has any relation to the current national dialogue on media," police said in a statement.

Until there is some other information that is that...

Someone already called CSPAN and threatened to shoot two hosts so the threats have already begun but this story doesn't sound like it's against the media, just someone who happens to be in the media.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
In the shooting news, and not reported much by lefties (or at all really), good guy with a gun stops a shooting with kids involved. Proving once again, good guys with guns make a difference.

An armed bystander shot a man who opened fire at a Florida park filled with over 100 people -- including children -- for a Saturday back-to-school cookout, officials said.

http://www.titusville.com/News.asp?NewsID=1327

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
In the shooting news, and not reported much by lefties (or at all really), good guy with a gun stops a shooting with kids involved. Proving once again, good guys with guns make a difference.

Of course we wouldn't have needed a good guy with a gun if the bad guy didn't have the gun.