Maryland orders paper ballots.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15233667/from/RS.4/

Maryland orders paper ballots
Action prompted by fear of primary's electronic voting failures

BALTIMORE - Diebold Election Systems Inc., the company that manufactures Maryland's electronic voting machines, is scrambling to print 1.6 million paper ballots for next month's general election amid worries by some that the machines could suffer the same problems as in September's primary.

The state has ordered the paper ballots, about one for every two registered voters, for possible use on Nov. 7. A spokeswoman told The (Baltimore) Sun Wednesday that it had not expected such a large order and delivery for some will be delayed a week.

At least 66,000 of those paper ballots will be mailed to voters as absentee ballots. The rest will be available as provisional ballots, which were used last month, and some precincts ran out.

How can ANYONE trust Diebold to run an election in their state? They screwed up the primary and didn't have enough paper ballots. So now THEY are still in charge of getting paper ballots?
Their level of incompetance is scary. Or is it something else?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The innuendo against Diebold should be put to bed. If they are rigging elections for the Republican party this should be investigated and make clear. If they are guilty than those who run the company are are responsible should be executed for treason and let that be an end to it. If they are innocent the gossip should cease.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I agree with moonbeam. Enough with the crying about Deibold, show some real proof of this stuff they are doing. So far the only thing they are guilty of is making a lousy ass product.

Same thing with Halliburton and Cheney, so he was CEO, big deal. Halliburton was getting no-bid contracts from Clinton as well. Don't tar the company because you don't like its former CEO. You don't hear us in the right bitching about Heinz Ketchup.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I think all ballots should be optical scan paper ballots.
BTW, I would strongly recommend to everyone register to be permanent absentee voter. Then they can't stop you from voting, you don't have to worry about taking time off to stand in line and vote, you can take your time, and there is a paper trail. Well worth the 39 cent stamp.
I voted yesterday :)

imported_Aelius

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2004
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I agree with moonbeam. Enough with the crying about Deibold, show some real proof of this stuff they are doing. So far the only thing they are guilty of is making a lousy ass product.

Same thing with Halliburton and Cheney, so he was CEO, big deal. Halliburton was getting no-bid contracts from Clinton as well. Don't tar the company because you don't like its former CEO. You don't hear us in the right bitching about Heinz Ketchup.

They are all in bed with each other. What you are talking about political polarization. Something I don't buy into, but most people do. That's their choice.

As for issues with Diebold I suggest you do a search in the forums. There are plenty of extensive stuff posted on it.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Aelius
As for issues with Diebold I suggest you do a search in the forums. There are plenty of extensive stuff posted on it.

Yeah, the usual moonbat conspiracy theories. Nothing credible.

Diebold has just become another excuse for liberals when their candidates don't win.

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
kick diebold out and give the contract to Scantron/College Board. they seem to have some idea of what there doing.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

Take a look at the competitors

look at the fact that the diebold machines FAILURE and HACKABILITY RATE VERSUS THE COMPETITORS

Look at Mr. "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year." and WHO HE DONATES TO...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=diebold+coincidences&btnG=Google+Search

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Originally posted by: OrganizedChaos
kick diebold out and give the contract to Scantron/College Board. they seem to have some idea of what there doing.

yeah but watch people who can't bold in the circles correctly or make stray marks or not erase completely will complain its flawed too.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000
What has the world come to? When politicians and corporate interests can't fix the elections anymore?

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Maybe the idiots in Maryland shouldn't wait 3 weeks before the election in requesting the paper ballots.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: CPA
Maybe the idiots in Maryland shouldn't wait 3 weeks before the election in requesting the paper ballots.

We are talking Maryland here though. The people that served up Spiro :(

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: International Machine Consortium
If the shoe was on the other foot and a company was delivering elections for the Dems, the Rightwingers would be screaming bloody murder.

ooooo, conspiracy. I love it. Everything is a conspiracty to the libs.

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Diebold always make me think of online gambling, I would rather have the cards in front of me.