Mark Kelly. Hypocrite or Felon?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
http://now.msn.com/mark-kelly-husband-of-gabby-giffords-buys-semi-automatic-gun

I am going with hypocrite. I think he got caught and had a lame excuse.

But it is delicious that his excuse once outed would most likely mean he lied on his federal transaction form when purchasing the weapon. I doubt he said he named the police department as who he was purchasing it for. And if he didnt name the police dept, that would be a felony as he lied on the application.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
He got caught by admitting it and posting a pic? That's some mighty fine detective work there.

He has had 5+ days to then turn over the weapons.

Posting a pic indicates nothing was attempted to be hidden; yet he did not follow through. Why?

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I don't see what he proved by purchasing an AR-15 and high cap magazine, it's still legal in Arizona. The dealer submitted his information to the NCIS for a background check and he obviously came back clean. The funny thing is he didn't post this on Facebook until after he was outed by people who witnessed him making the purchase.

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
He's media darling Gabby's husband, he will not be held up to the same scrutiny as anyone else. He's obviously a hypocrite, got busted and then came up with his lame excuses. Hopefully they'll look into whether he committed a felony or not in the process, the ironing would be delicious if he got tossed behind bars.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
He's media darling Gabby's husband, he will not be held up to the same scrutiny as anyone else. He's obviously a hypocrite, got busted and then came up with his lame excuses. Hopefully they'll look into whether he committed a felony or not in the process, the ironing would be delicious if he got tossed behind bars.

he won't be.

the guy is a idiot.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Neither, he's a typical elitist Democrat. He thinks he's so important and awesome and Democrat that laws and regulations really shouldn't apply to him, but only to the little people.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Ha. Probably a hypocrite. He might just be a brow-beaten husband though.

"Yes dear. Guns sure are evil. I would never want to go shooting with some friends. I also think strip clubs are gross. A bunch of naked women dancing around you. I don't know what kind of sicko would enjoy something like that."

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
What exactly is the issue here? The Gifford have stated they are both gun users. I don't understand the outrage.

misle

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
Why is he turning them over the police? He bought a pistol and an AR, both completely legal. This doesn't make any sense.

Oct 16, 1999
Here's his full facebook post:
Looks like the judiciary committee will vote on background checks next week. I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet. We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...68547929.71130.163148530407080&type=1&theater
He didn't want the gun, he wanted to make a point. There's no outrage here. Except for possibly the gun store outing a lawful private purchase to the media.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Scary? Really? Why would I be scared of a lawful purchase? Should I be scared every time I get on the road?

You seem to be having trouble, let me help you;

Looks like the judiciary committee will vote on background checks next week. I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a 45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do. Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet. We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.

No background check means anyone can get a gun including people who shouldn't have access to one. If you are a law abiding citizen would you sell a gun to someone who shouldn't have a gun? How would you know that they aren't allowed to have a gun?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
So to prove a point about closing the private sale loophole he goes and buys a gun legally? Is this guy all there in the head?

That said, did he indicate on his form the Police Department will be the entity he is purchasing this weapon for? If not, he just broke the law.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So to prove a point about closing the private sale loophole he goes and buys a gun legally? Is this guy all there in the head?

That said, did he indicate on his form the Police Department will be the entity he is purchasing this weapon for? If not, he just broke the law.

His point was that a background check is not an inconvenience.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
His point was that a background check is not an inconvenience.

Inconvenience or not. This was a stupid way of showing it. And in the process most likely comitted a felony. Which I think is fitting given he wants more laws on the books for avg people to break. More laws that wont stop the next Sandy Hook.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Inconvenience or not. This was a stupid way of showing it. And in the process most likely comitted a felony. Which I think is fitting given he wants more laws on the books for avg people to break. More laws that wont stop the next Sandy Hook.

Guilty until proven innocent right?

Sorry outrage not found.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
You seem to be having trouble, let me help you;

No background check means anyone can get a gun including people who shouldn't have access to one. If you are a law abiding citizen would you sell a gun to someone who shouldn't have a gun? How would you know that they aren't allowed to have a gun?

Does making the "background check" a Federal law stop criminals from getting a gun? or does it just cost law abiding citizens money and make it difficult for them to exercise their right? Are you OK for a "background check" before we allow people to vote? and make them pay for it?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Guilty until proven innocent right?

Sorry outrage not found.

Is he turning in his .45 with that AR? If he isnt then it is doubtful he put the PD as who he was purchasing the gun for.

Do I expect anybody to look into it? No, and if they did nothing would come of it like David Gregory breaking the law.

But the point is these gun grabbers want more laws on the books when they cant even follow the law themselves. Should be a red flag for the gun grabbers but goes right over their head. But I guess none of them have been taken to task yet on it either.

Oct 16, 1999
Are you trying to argue this was an illegal straw purchase because he planned to turn the gun over to law enforcement? You'd need a god damn magnifying glass to grasp that straw.