Marjorie Taylor Greene states she does not believe in evolution

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I think she might be right. If you look at her and Trump and Trumpers, it's kind of proof that a lot of people simply do not evolve. In fact they are actually going backwards.

"Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) asserted on Tuesday that COVID-19 was a "bioweapon" and said she did not believe otherwise "because I don't believe in evolution." "

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The thing is, the thing you have to take into consideration, the important thing in this, the thing to remember is, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, considering the facts and looking carefully at the situation, is that Ms Greene is a fucking idiot. That's what you have to remember.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
So I guess all these variants of COVID are just more Chinese-created virii and are being released worldwide by Chinese saboteurs.

Seems to be the only “reasonable” explanation for the rise of all these variants since evolution doesn’t happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and esquared

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The thing is, the thing you have to take into consideration, the important thing in this, the thing to remember is, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, considering the facts and looking carefully at the situation, is that Ms Greene is a fucking idiot. That's what you have to remember.

Which reflects directly on those idiots who somehow thought she was the most qualified person to represent their interests in Congress. I keep wondering WTF they were thinking when they did that. And I get the feeling they're going to send her right back in when her term expires out of ignorance driven spite.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
How can you not believe in evolution? It's like not believing in maths.
I dont trust any field which foments the belief in "imaginary numbers".
Like I can support any branch of knowledge which purports a faith in that? It's incomprehensible. They're off their rocker.

Reactions: mect

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I've come to the conclusion that these Trumpist politicians are really just like the Kardashians but with politics. However the same principle of fame through notoriety completely applies. The more outrageous the better. I fully expect that eventually one of them will win the conservative Christian vote after releasing a sex tape or something like that.

Reactions: Pohemi and Zorba
Feb 4, 2009

some Bible Belt politicians dance around it but I dont think any don’t believe in evolution. They just like to “but what about” or “but that date is wrong”.
They never really say they don’t believe and they never really say they do believe.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Trumpism is not only proof that some people don't evolve, they actually de-evolve. They regress.

What are you saying? Trump and Greene are but wondrous examples of the concept of evolution in action.

Sea slugs that have evolved to speak about sea slug things. Supported by hordes of warped sea slug worshipers that don't believe that sea slugs bearing addictive sea slug kool-aid could ever lie. Enabled by people like DeStupid, Abbott, Cotton, McConnell, and McCarthy who are all addicted to sucking on the nether regions of evolved sea slugs (something we didn't even know they had, until the Republiturds went and found them), looking for the sea slug kool-aid they so desperately want.

The country is doomed.

Reactions: Pohemi

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Anyway, her comment is silly even for young earth Creationists. Who, to my knowledge, still accept the idea of viral mutation.
So IMO she's just virtue signalling to the Creationists and conspiracy theorists while simultaneously trolling the libs. A trifecta of notoriety. Wish you all would stop falling for it.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Greene MUST believe in evolution. Seriously, does she actually think that god would just "put" her here? The real tragedy is not what she believes one way or the other because who the F even cares? The tragic part is that people from wherever she comes from would actually vote for this neanderthal. Greene is an ass-wipe, but consider all the ass-wipes it took to elect her.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Anyway, her comment is silly even for young earth Creationists. Who, to my knowledge, still accept the idea of viral mutation.
So IMO she's just virtue signalling to the Creationists and conspiracy theorists while simultaneously trolling the libs. A trifecta of notoriety. Wish you all would stop falling for it.
Just another sad person who knows a finger in our faces is a ticket to fame. Other idiots who hate themselves mow down fellow school mates out of the same sick need for self affirmation. Her sickness is a reflection of the sickness of how she was raised.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
some Bible Belt politicians dance around it but I dont think any don’t believe in evolution. They just like to “but what about” or “but that date is wrong”.
They never really say they don’t believe and they never really say they do believe.

Just ask those bible thumping stump jockeys how the dinosaurs appeared before humans did and sit back for viewing some very unique body language that goes with the splain'in.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I'm pretty sure why we have to use words like "mutate" with viruses, because if you said "evolved" more than half the US would stop listening you.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Obviously you've never actually talked to anyone from the Bible belt...

Reactions: Meghan54

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You are sadly mistaken, they believe it with all the might of their stunning ignorance. Young earth, the ark, etc. It is absolutely factual to far too many evangelicals.

Over a year ago I was getting my hair cut, pre-covid, and one of the barbers was talking to the customer in his chair about his trip to the ark experience in Kentucky, and going on about how factual it was and couldn't comprehend why some doubt it.

Reactions: Meghan54