Marines cane

AChilds

Mar 23, 2003
The marines are so overboard. 3 Abraham's, and 2 Bradleys taking on Iraqi forces...

Paradrop on one feild...

M4's ready to go...

If I was an Iraqi dude, id surrender...

Anyone read about the Land warrior program... They implant chips into special ops forces like Delta force, which lonks a helmet in which an lcd screen, gps navigation and satellite coms. They are equipped with OICW's wich fire the same 7.62mm NATO rounds as the M4's and M16's, but are bigger and have a magazine which stores the spent casings in it, thus leading no trail for the enemy to trace. The assault rifle also features a 20mm grenade launcher which, aswell as the rifle, is linked to the chip in the soldiers head. The lcd display shows up hostile forces and gives range measurements, and mission waypoints to the soldier. Its almost like a PC game where soldier meets machine...cyborgs... only its for real and theres a risk of you dying...

Anyways, hopefully no more soldiers or innocent people will die.
I think the allies will come out victorious again, but how do you define victory?

Hopefully it will all end soon...

:confused:

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Heh, the wartime technologey these day's is astounding. Iraq is fighting us with stuff made in the 60's :D

Yossarian

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: AChilds
Anyone read about the Land warrior program... They implant chips into special ops forces like Delta force, which lonks a helmet in which an lcd screen, gps navigation and satellite coms. They are equipped with OICW's wich fire the same 7.62mm NATO rounds as the M4's and M16's, but are bigger and have a magazine which stores the spent casings in it, thus leading no trail for the enemy to trace. The assault rifle also features a 20mm grenade launcher which, aswell as the rifle, is linked to the chip in the soldiers head. The lcd display shows up hostile forces and gives range measurements, and mission waypoints to the soldier. Its almost like a PC game where soldier meets machine...cyborgs... only its for real and theres a risk of you dying...

I have read about it but I'm pretty sure none of it is being used in the current conflict since it's still in development.

AChilds

Mar 23, 2003
Yup,

There attacking marines with 60's flower power stuff...

I reckon theres alot us street walkers dont see though... Does anyone think they have any Commanches or Auroras in there???

Iraqis wouldnt know what hit them if a Mach 8 plane flew over head...

What people make to kill each other...

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Tabb
Heh, the wartime technologey these day's is astounding. Iraq is fighting us with stuff made in the 60's :D
But we've still got men and women killed and captured. Granted, the ratio is heavily in the US/UK favor but apparently all the tech in the world can't make a 100% perfect mission. :(

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: AChilds
The marines are so overboard. 3 Abraham's, and 2 Bradleys taking on Iraqi forces...

Paradrop on one feild...

M4's ready to go...

If I was an Iraqi dude, id surrender...

Anyways, hopefully no more soldiers or innocent people will die.
I think the allies will come out victorious again, but how do you define victory?

Hopefully it will all end soon...

:confused:

The M-4, M-16, and OICW are all chambered in 5.56 NATO, not 7.62. The OICW is not designed to be linked to any implanted chips, its a weapon consisting of three main parts:
-5.56mm NATO chambered carbine
-20mm grenade launcher, with programmable air burst HE rounds
-scope/fire control computer

Considering the terminal ballistics of the 5.56 NATO round, and the very short barrel of the 5.56mm carbine of the OICW (10"), chambering it in 7.62 might make more sense. However, believe it or not, no one at H&K has asked my opinion yet, so it will likely stay 5.56 NATO

The OICW is high tech, but it is not something where you need a chip in your head to operate it or utilize all of its functions.
Link1
H&K's own FAQ for the OICW